Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Maybe my next Company Vehicle, any thoughts?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
It was piece of mine for uim and worth it if you asked him. I'm ocd in some areas like most of us can be with some things in life. His just happened ti be with vehicle maintenance.

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

Mind........I meant. :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I'll take a guy who changes every 2,000 miles over another guy who brags about 7,000 mile intervals.

Ryan

Hahaha.......1000%.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That thing is gorgeous !
Are you going to put your tax business signs on them ?

I thought about it and probably not....we haven't advertised in a few years because weve been fortunate enough to have more than we can handle and I'm trying to slow down :).

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
20131019_121623_zps805adcdd.jpg

Nice find!!!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Thanks fellas....super psyched! Have wifey's vehicle set, mine set, both boys' classic pass downs.....coming together nicely!

Only need a dent plow truck to complete my fleet, but Duncan may need to come sabotage the cheby cause it's a freakin tank that won't die. :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
20131020_171129_zpse33d5ed8.jpg

:)

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Both look nice, Ken. I have to ask about the transit plates on the back of the truck. We have nothing like that here, and it sounds like a good idea.

Can you give a quick rundown of how that works?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Both look nice, Ken. I have to ask about the transit plates on the back of the truck. We have nothing like that here, and it sounds like a good idea.

Can you give a quick rundown of how that works?

Absolutely Doug....I wonder if it's state thing, but all I had to do was go to my local town office, bring proof of insurance coverage for the vehicle I'm bringing home and $13. It's 1 way plates. They're good for 10 days. It's specifically for private sales as we (most people) don't have access ti dealer temp tags or car haulers.

Sent from my not so smart phone.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That's similar to what we have here for transport of a newly acquired vehicle.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Absolutely Doug....I wonder if it's state thing, but all I had to do was go to my local town office, bring proof of insurance coverage for the vehicle I'm bringing home and $13. It's 1 way plates. They're good for 10 days. It's specifically for private sales as we (most people) don't have access ti dealer temp tags or car haulers.

Sent from my not so smart phone.

That's similar to what we have here for transport of a newly acquired vehicle.

It sounds like a hassle-free way to get a vehicle home, especially for a private-party sale. I like that.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
It sounds like a hassle-free way to get a vehicle home, especially for a private-party sale. I like that.

Makes it easier so you can just find a way there.......drive home. I thought about taking a cab, bus, and finding a local college kid who wanted to make a couple bucks just driving.

Also makes it easier for the long distance purchases where you buy sight unseen....of course, you wouldn't give the money until you actually physically inspected the vehicle.

I always just took a plate off one of my other vehicles. Probably not the best thing but my insurance gives me 10 days to get a vehicle home and insured.

Years ago in Maine, the PO would let you take their plates home, and mail them back....I've done deals like this before. I'm not sure what the PO liability is with that strategy, I'm just glad we now have the travel tags. I could've walked away from both my deals if I didn't like what I saw when I got there, and would be out $13, a day or two of insurance (estimate $1.44 a day) and a ride home.....but when my bil took me to see the F150, he stayed until I had the title, bill of sale, and keys and we drove off together. Flying somewhere would be a tad different, but I think the key to buying long distance (my fourth one to date and all successful by the way) is to do as much due diligence as you can before you leave.....more and more pictures, videos (I did this with my 77), talk on the phone with the po, call his mechanic (I did this with the 77 also, spoke to the company who rebuilt the engine), etc, etc, etc,.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Going to put this on it next as this winter will be the first winter this rig's ever seen.

amsoil_metal_protector_mp.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts