Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

MAF??

fords4life91

"The best NEVER rest"
So I am starting to look at a new trucks to buy this summer. I plan on getting a 1996-97 f250 or f350 for my business. One thing I knoticed was that the trucks with the 5.8 351 did not have MAF?? Why is that when the 150's had it after 95??

i had a 97 f250 - pretty sure when i looked up info about why it didn't have it, HD/commercial trucks were excluded

All light duty trucks under 8500lb GVWR went OBD-2 in '96, and that system is mass air. Trucks over 8500lb(most F250 and heavier) stayed OBD-1 until the Superduty was introduced at the end of '97('98 model year). For some reason most if not all of this generation HD trucks got the SD EFI system, can't say I have ever seen an F250/350 with mass air though that doesn't mean they don't exist.

i found one,it was a 94.i guess it may have had a 302(engine was gone)but it was a 250 with mass air and an e4od.a friend bought all of the harness that was left and the computer.strange thing is the computer does'nt have the j3 port that nearly all ford computers have,it has a square port covered with a metal plate.if i remember,the catch code is dix1.

i found one,it was a 94.i guess it may have had a 302(engine was gone)but it was a 250 with mass air and an e4od
skandocious might have more info about it, but i think the california trucks may have gone to MAF before 98 super duties

Mines a 1994 F150, 302 and its MAF.. i think it all depends on area as well.. Skans truck is a California truck, so his is MAF because it is emission compliant.. MA and CA have close to the same emission guidlines, as well as NY

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts