Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lots of familiar faces here.. What would you pay for this truck?

masterbeavis

California Chapter member
This is the truck I was working on for a customer who got gypped by a couple of hack mechanics, and in the end had a terribly running truck. He had me try to figure out what was wrong with it and get it running good. I did what I could, and after a thorough analysis including a compression and leakdown test, I concluded that the engine is severley worn and is on its last legs. The oil only has 100 miles on it and it has visible flakes of metal in the oil. I told him what I found, he agreed to have me put a good used engine into it. I brought over a work order with the quote for another motor before I continued working on the truck($1000 worst case out the door), and the bill of what I put into it so far($400 labor and parts), he had a conniption fit about the price(s). He said he is tired of putting money into the truck, and just wants me to buy it from him.

There is $150 worth of DMV penalties on the truck. If not paid off, the penalties will soon increase to $350. I have about $200 of my own money into this thing, for the parts he asked to have replaced on it, and several hours of my time, and a haircut..... He wants me to give him $500 for the truck. The motor is shot, needs rebuilding. There are tons of things that are improperly done on this truck. I have a 2 page list of things that are still wrong with this thing.... I have spent alot more time than $200 will cover trying to get this thing to run properly, and fixing things needed for road legality. A shop would charge $100 for just a compression test that takes 20 minutes to do. I am not a licensed mechanic, I do not thing that filing a mechanics lien will do anything other than get me in trouble. Whats your thoughts on the actual value of this truck? I think $500 my price is too high for this thing.

More pics of the truck...
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/Masterbeavis/73-79 Ford Trucks

burnhair.jpg

3901.jpg

3903.jpg

3904.jpg

3904A.jpg

3904E.jpg

3905.jpg

3907.jpg

39012.jpg

3909.jpg

39011.jpg

39018.jpg

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Welcome to the site buddy. I recognize you from over there. Not sure bout that value of the truck. VISIBLY it looks pretty darn good for $500 but if it's got pages of problems then you're in for trouble.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Looks solid for year . Other tah DMV charges . Ant truck that year here will need $$ to get legal as none r . Good luck . If had time to tinker with it its worth the $500+ in parts

There goes the neighbourhood ;)

No really, welcome to the site :)

Yep, all those trucks and he never offered me an MA stamped power brake pedal :(

Can you really imagine how much that hurts ? ;)

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I think $500 is probably OK, but in your area it's probably too high and with the DMV fees and what not you'll have into it to get it ready for the road would most likely make it a $250 truck for ya. If you did give $500, you could possibly make more by stripping it down and selling it part by part or something, or just reselling it to someone else.

masterbeavis

4 of the 5 trucks in the foreground belong to me, the 1 being the White crew. I have 3 more there that are not in that picture. Total 73-79 trucks there, about 30.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
I'm only curious about the first picture. What happened to your hair? Must have been some kind of gas fire. Recently we had a local guy get home at 1 am and decided to light his fireplace. Used enough gas that the neighbors wakened to the 'WHUMP' when he lit it. Burned down 5 apts and had burns on his arms and face. I always thot gas and alky mix ok, but maybe not?

Oh, and its nice to see you over here.

Last edited:

masterbeavis

How about a 4x4 super cab?

I have to link you to the dark side for my answer to that...

Here is a californians definition of a rusted out truck.

"Other" Website link removed.

I'm only curious about the first picture. What happened to your hair? Must have been some kind of gas fire.

Here is the story behind this thread.
"Other" Website links removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts