Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

looking for engine perch pics and measurements, all versions

havi

third member
FE/300 and 302/351/400 perch pics wanted for 2wd and 4x4. I'm looking to build my own frame section but don't want the full crossmember of the 2wd, and don't want the bigger perches of a 4x4. What I do want to use, are 2wd perches and motor mounts on a 4x4-like frame. This is for an engine testing stand. I figure the ease of using stock Ford parts would make dropping any engine in feasible. I do know the FE will sit 1" different if using the 302 perches, so I figured if I had both type perches, and bolt hole measurements, I could bolt either in without messing with modding the bellhousing mount, and radiator height. So, I'm looking for pics and measurements. I will eventually need the 2wd perches themselves, too. Thanks, in advance. Any noted differences between 73-79 and 67-72 will be welcomed also, but I think they're basically the same. This will be a trailer mount set-up, which I'll document later. Plan is to be able to haul it anywhere, for friends to use, or to test on the spot when a seller says it's good.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles