Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lookie what I got for Christmas!

from what the lady that sold it to me says sam had these speicial made to give to employees of wallmart i also have another diecast an ous #5 some sort of football team thing its acualy a piggy bank but now i cant find the original boxes
[hope my wife didnt thow them out]

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I have some old Ford truck/car perfume bottles from the 60s

i have searched almost all the model sites plastic and die cast,checked the toy dept of stores ebay ect and i have yet to find any thing other than what i got there is nothing or VERY LITTLE for these TRUCKS i find that very frusrating due to millions of these trucks sold and no one wised up that there might be a market for this sort of thing? at the car shows i put both my models on the air cleaner and get lots and lots of "do you want to sell them" this give me an idea i may get a hold of some of these companys and see if somthing could be made any one game?

Joe if you can order and pay for 5000 models , AMT/ERL will make anything you want.

I have already (over the last 5 years) suggested to AMT/ERL to make a multi-year mode that encompasses 73-79 ,4x2 or 4x4 ,Style side or Flareside bosy styles.

They sent one reply with a request for money to cover the 5000.

Last edited:
well i guess that kills that idea it seems in todays world its "go big or go home" so i guess ill go home and pout lol isnt that something yet they make 1000s of 1950 something ice cream trucks/mid 80s f150s ect ect oh wlee the search continues

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
I've seen these old '70s kits. I don't understand why notre-release them. The molds r already made. Back when I wwas in the model truck business, I've seen aftermarket resin casters make a mint copying an old discontinued kit for 3x its prime. I have experimented myself with resin, molding and vaccum formimgs. Dirty and terrible on the lunnngs, processs.

Tyl

tylstruck

If anyone has a complete kit of a old Monogram '80 or '81 Ford Flareside truck for sale, even if built, let me know. I'm not aware if it was/is availlable in diecast?

Tyl

if you still have access to the other place.

search the words "die cast" or "AMT" in the 73-79 forum for pages of model related threads.

I have several links to model on there.

tylstruck

Plenty '79 trucks in various sizes. Only need to take it apart, detail it and paint it blue. Nothing difficult...

Tyl

tn click the tumbnail in post 24

now im realy mad!! on my treck into edmonton and wallmart i stopped into the toy dept for the hell of it looking for anything ford and what do i see? very nice dicast models of FORD FIESTAS MAVERICKS MUSTANGS OF EVERY COLOR ICE CREAM TRUCKS ECT ECT and no pickups who in their right mind i ask would want a diecast of a fiesta?? back in the day a few freinds of mine had them and they were lemons to the T i tell ya almost make a man wanna drink!!

tylstruck

Oh haha, wrong season for the ice cream trucks. You'd appreciate them muchh more in a couple months...

However, don't dis the ice cream trucks. Many times you buy theses kits and just cut off the excess body, or customize it to whatever. As they say when approching an ice cream truck use it with good humor, mate.

Here's a couple old kit dealers I used before;

http://www.modelexpress.net/

There was also Fred's Model World. But I can't find his link. Maybe he's gone?

Tyl

No need to quote the images.. they just make the thread page longer length.

You know you guys due to the fact I need some more income, I just may get talked into auctioning off my duplicate models.

I have one each of all 3

In 1/24th I have both the Canadian Tire collector trucks shown above

Plus, the Plastic Model King order of the F350 shown above.

If interested, I can't sell them off for less that $50.00 each as they cost me that.
This are still in their original boxes and have never been touched.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts