Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Last weekend

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy
my brother talked into going to a car show last week in Gaithersburg MD. It turned out that it was held at the dealership where my Dad bought my truck. it was windy as all hell but I drove down and had a good time . One guy was looking at the truck and was asking questions about it and I told him that Dad had bought it at this dealership, He Remembered it!!! He had been at the dealership for 34 years, also found out later on that he was the General Manager. I thought it was really cool. Good thing I went. He took all kinds of pictures and I was just wishing he had some of the older dealer placards that was on the truck originally . No luck on that.

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy
P4040045.jpg

My truck and my brother's 72. he won the loudest exhaust competition

Last edited:

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy
Thanks Buck, looking forward to the car show season. Next one is next Sunday, hope the weather is good.

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy
Like the way you brought the green from the cab onto the cap, looks good.

Thanks,that was the way it was when it came from the factory, It was original to the truck, the only thing missing are the emblems on the sides of the cap.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That is a sharp looking truck!!...looks like a nice day to boot!

I doubt that canopy came from the factory with the green on it.
More likely the dealership did it.

All canopies are made white.

like this.

as you can see ,I painted mine to blend the cab to canopy

TruckatBownessPark2.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Damn Paul...I alwaaaaaaaaaays love lookin at that truck. I always love hearing the story behind that truck too. It is really cool the guy remembered the truck too.

PS...I would like to make an open offer, that everyone on FTF will be witness to. If for some reason you go to sell that truck, or for some reaso that truck goes outside your family...I wanna be the first to know...I'll be the first one there with cash in hand. You know I'd take care of he.

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy
Damn Paul...I alwaaaaaaaaaays love lookin at that truck. I always love hearing the story behind that truck too. It is really cool the guy remembered the truck too.

PS...I would like to make an open offer, that everyone on FTF will be witness to. If for some reason you go to sell that truck, or for some reaso that truck goes outside your family...I wanna be the first to know...I'll be the first one there with cash in hand. You know I'd take care of he.

Ben, I am really in awe of that offer, this truck means the world to me and if I ever have to sell it, I know I'll be contacting you first, I know it'll be in good hands.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben, I am really in awe of that offer, this truck means the world to me and if I ever have to sell it, I know I'll be contacting you first, I know it'll be in good hands.

Then it's a deal...a binding oral contract...haha. If you're anything like me...it won't leave your possession til you're dead...so I guess I'll be waiting a while. But I am 100% serious, I want that truck...and you're not too terribly far from me...so just lemme know and I'll drive on up and get it.

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy
Then it's a deal...a binding oral contract...haha. If you're anything like me...it won't leave your possession til you're dead...so I guess I'll be waiting a while. But I am 100% serious, I want that truck...and you're not too terribly far from me...so just lemme know and I'll drive on up and get it.

I probably will be dead, thanks for all the interest in it, I enjoy sharing it with you all. After it was painted ,Dad said he kicked himself for selling it in the first place, but seeing it now he was happy that it was still in the family. As far as I'm concerned it's a legacy, from father to son by way of a couple of family members in between.

my buddy has first dibs on mine only because i have done ALOT of stuff for him and has been eying my truck since i bought it. you should have seen the first time i let him drive it. he asked if he could "open up the 460" when he did i think he crapped his pants but his face was like a kid in a candy store

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I probably will be dead, thanks for all the interest in it, I enjoy sharing it with you all. After it was painted ,Dad said he kicked himself for selling it in the first place, but seeing it now he was happy that it was still in the family. As far as I'm concerned it's a legacy, from father to son by way of a couple of family members in between.

Alright...well I literally fell in love with that truck the first time I saw it...and would almost be willing to trade red for it...almost. So if it does stay in the family...you'll have to give me any and all info on that truck so I can build an exact replica.

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy
my buddy has first dibs on mine only because i have done ALOT of stuff for him and has been eying my truck since i bought it. you should have seen the first time i let him drive it. he asked if he could "open up the 460" when he did i think he crapped his pants but his face was like a kid in a candy store

when I first started driving, Dad wanted me to go to the parts store for some car he was working on so I drove the truck up to the store, and when I came back out I decided that the truck hadn't been thoroughly warmed up so I opened it up a little( I basically spun all 4 at the same time and left a little rubber on the parking lot) when I got home Dad looked at the truck , looked at me and snatched the keys and told me that the truck wasn't a hot rod. I didn't know that his friend was at the shopping center and he called dad to let him know. Of course, I didn't know that until last year. Couldn't figure out how he knew.

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy
Alright...well I literally fell in love with that truck the first time I saw it...and would almost be willing to trade red for it...almost. So if it does stay in the family...you'll have to give me any and all info on that truck so I can build an exact replica.

Will do Ben

Ford Truck Articles