Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Just Joined

Good day all, after a two year search i think i have found the right project for me. A 1972 Sport Custom long bed. Pretty much garage kept for the past twenty years with almost no rust in the cab. The bed got pretty beat up, but i can deal with that. It was owned by a 90 yr old man and he wanted 800 for it but before i could finish looking it over he dropped to 600.00. Here is a couple pics. The first is how the paint looked the day i bought it. 2nd is the interior, and the third is what it looks like after i took some Mothers chrome cleaner to the oxidation then slapped on some mcguires cleaner wax. what y'all think?

Attachments

• dull.jpg
  • interior.jpg
  • f100.jpg
Oh yeah while it was garage kept some people decided they needed half the trim, all the emblems, the air filter assembly and the tailgate. punks, then again it would cost more with those items. And you gotta love Southern NC and there limited use of salt in the winter.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Welcome aboard man. Not a bad little project, you sparked quite a bit of life back in to that paint.

It's good to see another NC member here, I'm just north of Charlotte...you should check out the NC chapter.

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Welcome! Great looking truck. You sure are lucky with the limited salt use...New England is salt central

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Yeah a truck in that shape in MI is a 2-3K truck easy. An absoulute SCORE for 600 bucks. Welcome!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts