Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Just Got Finished...

radialarm

Clown of Death!
installing the custom battery cables on my '95 (sig truck). I made them over a year ago, but didn't have a reason or desire to put them on until today. It only took 2 1/2 hours.They about whipped my old butt. I used #2 welding lead and solder type terminals. I had them about 90% complete (thank God) before I started. I just had to cut them to length and solder on the starter and ground terminals. On my '95 the oxygen sensor harness is in a piece of loom with the positive cable. They look professionally done (you know me). Sorry no pics. I thought I had some, and it's too late now. I used red and black covers over the battery posts. Looks great, wish y'all could see them. Anyway I'm set for another 320,000 miles.

The problem was over the last 7 months when it's damp outside my truck wont start and I have to open the hood and tighten the positive clamp. I figured the lead was beginning to stretch and I didn't want to be someplace when it finally tore.
All fixed now. That's all.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Kewel!! I heard that's one of the first things I should do to this Chebby I own. I may really look into it, especially since I still have some 0 Welding Cable leftover from the bed mounted batteries in the ol' diesel. :)

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Kewel!! I heard that's one of the first things I should do to this Chebby I own. I may really look into it, especially since I still have some 0 Welding Cable leftover from the bed mounted batteries in the ol' diesel. :)

#0 should work fine for a chebby. I used #2 because the cable ends for the battery were huge. I also bought some milspec adhesive lined heat shrink on ebay. That stuff is super heavy duty. I don't think anything is going to get through it.

Ford Truck Articles