Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Junkyard finds May 2010 Oklahoma

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Day 1:

Unfortunately there was only 4 trucks there and they were mostly stripped of anything good. I got two underhood lights and the under dash light kit.

The only thing of interest I did come across were near-mint condition rear jump seats out of a supercab. They look like they were never used and only have a couple of scratches on the metal parts. I couldn't find much info as to the rarity or not of them.

There is supposed to be a big storm today so no junkyarding again until tomorrow or Thurs.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You must be like a kid in a candy store. Did you specifically go to OK to junkyard? Dunno the rarity of the seats, but I know I don't see them hardly ever. Good luck tomorrow. And don't forget, I'll take a good 73-77 grille shell and a good tailgate...all gift wrapped and laid on my door step.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Not just for junkyards, but there is usually a lot of stuff down here. My fiancee lives down here. There is one truck here that the engine is so clean it still has the original paint on valve covers and still has the 351m emission sticker.

Just come up here and buy my extra vehicles

Blue 75 Supercab w/460 (parts truck)

Green/Green 77 Super cab w/460 On Propane and canopy ... Daily Driver runs great

Red 1992 Ranger SC with 6 cyl daily driver runs great

You can have them all for $3000.00

For $3500 I'll add a $1000.00 workstation for your office.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Sounds like a good deal if I was looking for a supercab. Just looking for misc. parts though. Im gonna look some more tomorrow. Right now all I can do is watch the weather and hope the tornado passes over me LOL.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey Sean...if you can come up with a good brown dash pad I'd be willing to compensate. Same goes for a 73-77 grille shell as well as a ding free tailgate. I'm assuming you drove, but not sure what route you took from Jersey to OK...but maybe I could drive a couple hours and meet up somewhere.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I will look. I didn't drive because gas would have cost twice as much as plane ticket. But there is always a way to get stuff back LOL. Funny you mention brown dash pad. Last time I was down here I found a mint one and didn't have the right tools to get one screw out and when I came back it was gone! I'll keep my eye out. It is better that I didn't drive out here. Keeps me from bringing a stack of doors and fenders home. If I find a tailgate or grille I'll grab it and put it into the storage unit until we can figure out what to do.

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
Yeah, those little Joke of Jump Seats, were an option, and in my opinion, If I ever got one, I'd prefer the Bench Seat, If you can pick them up at a fair price, Grab Them.
Also, if you find any "Bright Red" (It's Paint Code K, If I remember correctly) interior parts, lemme know.
Sean, Did you ever get your 302 rebuilt...?
Have fun in Oklahoma, I've been there, We were just passin' through though...
Reminds me of the Lyric "Well, I've never been to Heaven, But, I've been to Oklahoma" (Never Been to Spain, Three Dog Night, 1971)
(Yes, I use a-lot of commas)

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Yes I have a rebuilt 302 now. The interior of the truck in junkyard is bright red too.

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
I need a Driver-Side (Left Side) "Bright Red" (Paint Code K, if I remember correctly) with the Map pockets(Part of the Ranger-XLT Package), preferably from a '73-'76.
I also need a new dash-pad, Mine has several cracks from the California Sun.
(It's always hot out here...)
I could also use a nice Glove-Box door with the '73-'76 Ranger-XLT Emblem....
If you can pick up any of these parts cheap, lemme know, if not, don't worry about it, I'll Eventually (with in the Next 70 years) get the parts...or do a complete frame up restore...smilieFordlogo

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Well I'm back in NJ. I didn't find as much stuff as I expected. Here's what I was able to get this trip:

Under dash light set

100mph speedo and cable so hopefully after 4 years I can have a working speedometer. lol

Supercab jump seats

Two underhood lights

That's about it. Nothing spectacular but I had a fun time.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Not too shabby...and it doesn't matter if you picked up alot, as long as you had fun. I always feel so much more relaxed after a trip of parts picking. Besides, that's less you're going to have to ship to NJ.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Ship?? They let me bring that stuff as carry on :rofl2: They didn't even question it. The seats I left in OK. But everything else went with me. Hopefully I can get rid of the seats soon.

Ford Truck Articles