Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Junk Yard Score!!

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Hey all,
Went to the pick a part in San Bernardino with a friend to help him take a transmission out of an old BMW and pull a couple rear axles for another pickup I have (90 GMC short bed step side.... I know!!.... it was free !) While I was there I cruised around and found 4 dentsides. Most of them were totally trashed already and ready for the scrapper, but I did get a 1975 gauge cluster in great shape from an F250 for my "spare parts shelf" for Burt. There were also a number of Vans from the same era with nice clusters and guages in them.

The BIG SCORE though, was out of a real nice (so sad!) 1978 F250 XLT Ranger in two tone Green. It still had the coveted in-the-cab hood release with key lock in PERFECT shape including the firewall grommet, cable and latch under the hood. Grand total: 10minutes and $18! It's going on Burt the second I have a chance! Yahoo!!
Dak

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Glad to see you found some stuff.

Someone had pulled in a 77 highboy other day . Good suspension . But it went right to scrap pile . They only keep units that parts move on. Sad

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Nice score and very cheap price too. It will be a nice addition to Burt.

Ford Truck Articles