Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I've got my fingers crossed!!!

radialarm

Clown of Death!
I got a line on a job the other day. It's a superintendant position on an apartment complex new construction job in Ft. Worth. The company is out of North Carolina. It seems they sent one of their crews down here and they totally F'd the job up, and the super they had running the fuster cluck bailed out on them.

It just so happens I excell at taking over jobs other no plumbing fools couldn't handle and getting them straightened out. The job pays between $45,000 to $50,000 a year, but being a single parent I'm not willing to uproot and move to the next job which is in El Paso, TX. So when I finish this one up I am going to try to get them to hire me as a troubleshooter and see if I can fly around the country advising the other supers on getting their own jobs in order for like three days or a week at a time. I think I can keep up my parental duties that way. Wish me luck I'm supposed to meet with a company rep either Monday or Tuesday!!!

Who knows I might even get in a few get togethers with some of y'all when I'm in your areas on jobs!!!smilietease

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Good luck!!!

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Thanks for the support guys!

I hope I get this job!!!

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Well, it didn't work out!!!

They called today to say they had enough people and in the event the people they had weren't getting the job done fast enough they would bring me in to cover.:hammer:

The old super took back his resignation!!!:headbang:

I offered to come in as a pinch hitter when they needed, but they said they would consider it!!!

There's always the next job I guess!!!

radialarm

Clown of Death!
I have picked up some work this week!!!

I just got done rebuilding a carb, resealing a transfer case to the transmission, and changing the oil on an old Jeep Wagoneer today, and I've got to change out a fuse panel in a guys house this week!!!

It's not that bad!!!

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
The super probably got a quick reality check on what this economy is really like.

Keep plugging away- something will come up that works for you.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
im sorry to here that! maybe its not ment to be. just keep your head up and youll pull through it

Ford Truck Articles