Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

It's gonna happen this weekend

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
have fun lol ur gonna have a helluva flareside

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
...............................................................................................

more specs after its dropped in are mandatory as you know.

Not sure if you know the steps to pull the motor in these trucks.
But the upper intake plenum has to come off...

You can by the fancy numbered tape, or you can use some masking tape, to mark where each connection goes.
This really isnt neccesary, as they can only plug into one place, (except the injector harness) but it makes things MUCH faster, if something isn't plugged in mark that its not plugged in.
Same thing for vac lines.

Ac condensor can be un-bolted then you can use some rope or a bungie cord to hold it outta the way.

All of the serp belt system needs to come off.

Rad can stay, but its very easy to pull out, i pulled mine, for safety sake. Didnt wanna put a hole in it for sheer laziness.

Dont forget the converter bolts a BIG screw driver or a pry bar to pry against the teeth of the fly wheel is neccesary.

When i have the harness off i lay it across the roof of the truck, out of the way and when you get the new motor in, you can lay it back across the motor with out tryin to figure a bunch of routing.

Take the hood off, again not neccesary, but makes things SO much easier.

Im sure ill remember more later.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I can give you all kinds of tips, but in return.

I need details. :)

That just sounds dirty for some reason. Congrats on the engine swap Chris.

KdPate

After Hours Garage
Check your PM box before you get all happy. :wasntme: :hammer:

Did you obtain a 5.8/ E4OD compatible computer beforehand??????:suspicious:

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
hahaha eh... i can give you some details........

its another 351W. its got a cam and ported heads. should make 300 hp and 350 ft lbs tq. hopefully.

nice.. yes it should!

wich heads? what cam ?? DETAILS!!

its complete with all accessorys but im putting my alternator and ac condensor on.

and how should i go bout the power steering pump?

and also what bout the emmissions pump?

What about the P/S pmp??

I'd delete the egr & smog but thats just me..

Search newb.... lol

The egr is a block off plate and a rester to keep the ck engine light off (thats all it does) And as far as the pump; IIRC a short belt or they make a idler pulley to run the stock belt...

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Search newb.... lol

The egr is a block off plate and a rester to keep the ck engine light off (thats all it does) And as far as the pump; IIRC a short belt or they make a idler pulley to run the stock belt...

ok is there anyway i can do the egr valve with out buying a resistor? cause im gonna try to be out very few dollars. im trying to do this under a budget and im right at the budget line as it is.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts