Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

It would be fun in the snow

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
In the last week we totaled 28 inches of snow up here and the temps have been down to well below zero, but I went out tonight and fired the truck up. I haven't heard it since the middle of October. I had the heat on in the garage a bit to keep it somewhat warm and by golly the truck fired up after a few times of turning over and pumping of the gas pedal. Ethanol sure has a tough time starting in cold weather. I actually was tempted to take it out, but my son was asleep and wife at work, so I couldn't leave the house. It sure would be nice to take it out and run through some snow. I would be able to use the 4x4 for the first time. But, there is so much salt around I just can't take the chance and the car washes close down when it's so cold out so I wouldn't be able to wash it right away. Oh well, sitting in it and hearing it run was good enough.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
When I chopped the muffler off of my dent, I'd start it up around midnight just to hear the silence break. What a feeling!

Maybe you can get her out in the snow sometime later...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
In the last week we totaled 28 inches of snow up here and the temps have been down to well below zero, but I went out tonight and fired the truck up. I haven't heard it since the middle of October. I had the heat on in the garage a bit to keep it somewhat warm and by golly the truck fired up after a few times of turning over and pumping of the gas pedal. Ethanol sure has a tough time starting in cold weather. I actually was tempted to take it out, but my son was asleep and wife at work, so I couldn't leave the house. It sure would be nice to take it out and run through some snow. I would be able to use the 4x4 for the first time. But, there is so much salt around I just can't take the chance and the car washes close down when it's so cold out so I wouldn't be able to wash it right away. Oh well, sitting in it and hearing it run was good enough.

Crappy about the salt..same as here...Lee sure seems to have some fun in the snow!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Salt is something I fear about moving any further north...

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
When I chopped the muffler off of my dent, I'd start it up around midnight just to hear the silence break. What a feeling!

Maybe you can get her out in the snow sometime later...

You must have had nice neighbors. I would have removed your engine by morning so you wouldn't wake me up again.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
You must have had nice neighbors. I would have removed your engine by morning so you wouldn't wake me up again.

They hate me anyways, oh well. :D

I didn't have the locking hood release; it could have been possible. :guns:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

Pretty much what I do in the winter....sometimes, if the roads are decent, meaning all dry and such, I'll drive it down the road to get parts moving around and tires rotating......

Salt is something I fear about moving any further north...

Yup, most of the New England states have included that liquid salt to more evenly melt the ice on the roads and when that stuff splashes up underneath your vehicle, it gets into every crack and corner and just eats your car alive....nasty stuff!:headbang:

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I think I've done all the proper preparation to prevent rust, but yes salt will get into every crack and it wouldn't be long and my truck would start to rust. Hell, I've seen many 2003 or 2004 vehicles rusting bad up here. That's why there isn't many older vehicles like these on the road up here. A few now and then, but the ones you do see are almost gone. Good thing they are tough as hell or they'd be lost for good. No matter how bad I want to take her out, I just can't make myself do it.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I think I've done all the proper preparation to prevent rust, but yes salt will get into every crack and it wouldn't be long and my truck would start to rust. Hell, I've seen many 2003 or 2004 vehicles rusting bad up here. That's why there isn't many older vehicles like these on the road up here. A few now and then, but the ones you do see are almost gone. Good thing they are tough as hell or they'd be lost for good. No matter how bad I want to take her out, I just can't make myself do it.

I'm the same way.....smilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I refuse to drive mine in the salt also. Solid trucks are very rare here in VT.

Maine, NH, VT, or anywhere in New England for that matter can't keep vehicles on the road for too many years before the frame starts to rust out!

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
...Lee sure seems to have some fun in the snow!

Sure do! And it's looking like our anual run will be this weekend...........I wish I had the D60 done and under the front with the locker.:headbang:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I think snow wheeling would be my favorite by far. Similar to mud, but without the clean up.

Ford Truck Articles