Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

It alway the small thing

I try to Service my truck today, and as alway there something that get you. I also change the oil no problem there. I got under the truck and pop the fuel drain plug out and drain the HFCM. Went to put the drain back in and I notice that o-ring was bad. Ford dealer told me that you have to buy the hold plug not just the o-ring, and there in nun in stock at the two dealer I called . I try call the two International dealer and nun in stock have to wait till tomorrow to get one in. you think that they would stock it. So the Truck is sitting for the night. Just venting Thanks for understanding.

blacksnapon

Staff member
You might try a parts store bulk o-ring. I think they have them fuel resistant as well.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Any old parts store should be able to match up the old one. If not try an ag/heavy equipment dealer. They'll have more o-rings than you'd ever need.

I went to the rubber supply co. and found the o-ring I needed.
It is an Buna #111 if any one ever needs one. Truck back in service fresh oil and filters.

Got 6 of them in a small bag, ready for the next time I need one.

Ford Truck Articles