Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Introducing your 2013 F-150

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
+1 for "I like it."

Can't say the same for the '13 Fordage.... errr, I mean Ford Escape (which looks like a mild redesign of a KIA Sportage). Drives like a big Focus, which it probably is. The Focus does it better though.

Love my XLT

You guys are all crazy. These keep getting better and better looking -- you just need the right configuration. Unfortunately XLT is not very good looking... But FX4, Platinum, and even sometimes Lariats are pretty damned good looking. Oh and Raptors :D

I wanted an extended cab long bed so went with the XLT and am happy I did.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
No such thing as a bad looking Ford pickup brother ;)

I beg to differ....some 97-03's looks downright hidious (2wd Shortboxs).

I love the 92-96s as well, i think alot of people share that opinion.

73-79
80-86
92-96 were by FAR the best looking of the F series trucks.

The new trucks just look wimpy and overdone. My 77 2wd sits up higher then a 2012 4wd sits up...no more I beams or solid acles, hell, you can even get a stick shift no more.

Ford needs to get back to basics....as does all the truck makers. Big V8s with manual transmissions, manual Tcases, solid axles, steel dashes, and bench seats. Just my opinion.

77_F-150_03.jpg

2Q_800.jpg

Just no Comparision in looks...

Last edited:

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
I don't think either of those trucks look bad but like you said it's all a matter of opinion.

you say that your 77 2wd. sits higher than a 2012 4wd. Are we talking both trucks at stock ride height?

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
I don't think either of those trucks look bad but like you said it's all a matter of opinion.

you say that your 77 2wd. sits higher than a 2012 4wd. Are we talking both trucks at stock ride height?

Yes. Granted my 77 is a 3/4ton Camper Special but still its a 2wd...parked in a parking lot i have probley a good inch or 2 on the front bumper and maybe 1/2inch on the rear end.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
The height is only clearance.. The newer f150's bodies are taller from bottom to roof line...

Yes, but that does you no good driving over stuff.

Ford Truck Articles