Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

interior chrome

I guess that chrome is not accurate maybe phsudo chome is better. My two dash bezels are looking worn, they have the woodgrain vinyl inserts, but there is a painted chrome that is worn off in some areas. Along with that there are the door panel inserts. They have a edge trim with a chrome like material. That material is peeling. I am worried that this truck being a lariat makes the trim more rare and harder to find . I am very handy and would just like to know if anyone has restored thiers. I would love any pointers on this. I can submit photos if need be.
Thanks
Chad

a qwik fix that i used for my s/c was to buy some of that thin chrome vynal moulding with the 3m sticky back aprox 3/8" wide and trimmed the bezel [covered up both sides and the middle woodgrain] looks preaty good but i used an air heat gun the mould the corners as its a pretty sharp curve lost a bunch of info on my computer so no pics sorry or for about 300 or so dennis carpenter repo parts will replace the dash peices d/s and glove box trim search the web and you should be able to find that moulding as for the door inserts e bay has then listed sometimes

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've used the 3m stuff too...worked pretty well, but I didn't feel it looked stock enough. FYI, in case you're looking to replace the bezels. Dennis Carpenter and Jeff's Bronco Graveyard will have the pieces you're looking for.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I like that the bezel pieces are still available. I will order myself a set. I am being a real stickler about the door panels though. I have no Idea how to reproduce or replace those. I really want to keep this truck dead stock or I would do what Alvin did ( that looks nice) I am thinking that there were not a lot of these trucks made with trim package. Does anyone have the numbers on that? Its the Lariet Black silver combo. I have just never seen anouther one like it. Yea I know everyone thinks there's is special. It would just be nice to know if they are a dime a dozen if all this time I am putting in to mine is really worth it .
Thanks for all the input I will take pics

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
As Ben said, JBG and Dennis Carpenter are gonna be your options for anything you need. Dennis Carpenter being your best bet if you want to keep it completely 100% stock.

Dennis Carpenter's site

Jeff's Bronco Graveyard

EDIT: I just looked in the Dennis Carpenter catalog, and their showing door panels for $100 each, and $115 each for one's with chrome grill (XLT, ones?)

i used vacume platers 2 times [did my dash vents] very good quality but pricy and they will not do any off shore stuff [wrong type of plastic] but for some things you cant replace there great and as far as the door panals that plastic/heat moulded plastic trim ford started useing is a real problem as all the peices did that the only other thing you can do is get the older style with the stainless steel trim and paint the vynal with vynal paint to match best you can

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I like that the bezel pieces are still available. I will order myself a set. I am being a real stickler about the door panels though. I have no Idea how to reproduce or replace those.

I give you exhibit A:

FYI, in case you're looking to replace the bezels. Dennis Carpenter and Jeff's Bronco Graveyard will have the pieces you're looking for.

...and exhibit B:

As Ben said, JBG and Dennis Carpenter are gonna be your options for anything you need. Dennis Carpenter being your best bet if you want to keep it completely 100% stock.

Dennis Carpenter's site

Jeff's Bronco Graveyard

EDIT: I just looked in the Dennis Carpenter catalog, and their showing door panels for $100 each, and $115 each for one's with chrome grill (XLT, ones?)

I really want to keep this truck dead stock or I would do what Alvin did ( that looks nice) I am thinking that there were not a lot of these trucks made with trim package. Does anyone have the numbers on that? Its the Lariet Black silver combo. I have just never seen anouther one like it. Yea I know everyone thinks there's is special. It would just be nice to know if they are a dime a dozen if all this time I am putting in to mine is really worth it .
Thanks for all the input I will take pics

Get a Marti Report

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Gotcha now...and to be honest, no, I don't see very many of that style and haven't seen anybody reproduce those. I do see them pop up on ebay from time to time though. I'm thinking your best bet would be to take it to an interior/upholstery shop and see if they can't do something for you.

I used to restore mine with a a silver pen that you buy at a stationary store.

It's tedious but it works.

This pen is for photographers to sign their photos.

yes i relized what you were saying and there were a few [not many mind you] of the inserts with the stainless steel "removable" trim with tangs on the back of them that you bend to hold them on that go through the insert it self
and then the insert is held on by split washers [cant remember the correct name of them] and i have seen the ones you need on ebay the odd time my supercab has those ones with the woodgrain but if you do find them on ebay be wery spesific on asking wether the trim is plastic or steel and if they are steel you can paint with vynal paint to your colors as i did a frw trucks this way for freinds hope this helps regurds joe

I have some good chrome door panel insert trim that you can buy IYI

Thanks for all the input out there. Mine are plastic so yes refinishing them would be a chore but I will take them into an upholstry shop and also a sign shop as they do vinyl all day. Mil1on please tell me what you have. Is it pre formed? pre chromed?
I am going to order a report for my vehicle I really dont many around with this color scheme or with the level of options. No mater though I will never sell it just curious.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts