Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

i want these white gauges

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Ohhh wait, so you're saying you would REMOVE the black stock overlays and replace them with the white ones? Hmmmmmmmmm....

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
yep..or overlay em over the black ones. Im not real sure. and yes your remove the needles.

Hey i saw indepedance day at a drive in when i was a kid. And im not even 18 yet.

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
To me those things got eyestrain written all over them. As much as I drive, and the hours at night I'm usually driving, wouldn't touch them.

They look cool and all, but there is nothing I hate worse than waking up with a headache when I haven't had any liquor to go with said headache :)

Gunner

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
yea i had a cd player with obnoxious bright red lights. Bugged the crap out of me. Used to flip it down so i didnt haft to see them.

my new cd player doesnt have as bright as lights, and with the face plate swiveling down to show the screen the lights shine up at the cieling anyways.

if anyone cares ...i'm going to pass on getting them

1) electric hookup stuff, even if small, seems like more work than it's worth
2) the brightness factor. i had the hardest time finding a switch for my foglights that wouldn't blind me at night. while these look cool, they're pretty bright
3) what i have works, y mess with it

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
yea i agree with you. Plus pulling apart a dash on a 12 plus year old truck (96 and below) and your going to have brittle plastic parts that could break on you.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
ok i can finally add to this after i deleted what i had said before by acccident...

i have those white face gauges. they are cool. the wiring is WICKED simple.2 wires. one positive and one negative. tap into a back lit bulb for power and that will control the power to the distribution box and how dim they are by the stock switch. on mine there are 4 pieces to it. (overlays). you have to remove the black ones and replace them with these. you also have to take the needles off to put them on, except the speedo one i wasn't able to get off.... so i carefully slipped it over. each overlay has 2 wires which plug into the small distribution box. this is the easiest wiring you could get. here is a pic mine.

DSCF1708.jpg

DSCF1709.jpg

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Whoa whoa whoa... Travis why didn't you post here before?!?! LOL!! There's been so many questions floating around about it. Looks pretty good dude. Got any night shots?

i remember seeing yours before and they're what first got me interested in them.

still unsure about the wiring, peeling the black covers off, and taking the needles off. i've got an extra cluster with no tach from my cluster swap that i can't sell for more than $20. i guess i can practice on those

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
haha i tried to post like on page 1, but i had this long post and then i deleted everything by clicking on yahoo....... and didn't feel like rewriting it all until now.

i blew my distribution box so i need to order a new one. i didn't put the right fuse :(

frankenford, your gauges look really cool. it looks awesome with the analog odometer, im just wondering what our digital odometers would look like at night. would the odometer be green with everything else blue? can someone confirm this?

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
im almost positive it will be the same color because that part is cut out of the new layover

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
haha im workin on it. just have to wait for a new distribuiton box to come in

. . . . .can't to see a "night" pic of these "GLOWing" back atcha & all . . . . :cooldude: ..... YelloThumbUp .....:WooHoo:..... :p .

mr. Charles

. . . . .can't to see a "night" pic of these "GLOWing" back atcha & all . . . . :cooldude: ..... YelloThumbUp .....:WooHoo:..... :p .

mr. Charles

. . . . . . . sorry, suppose to say: ...........can't wait to see a "night" pic of these "GLOWing" back atcha & all . . . . :cooldude: ..... YelloThumbUp .....:WooHoo:..... :p .

mr. Charles

Ford Truck Articles