Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I need HELLPPP!

I just bought a 1968 f100 with a 351 Windsor and I noticed its leaking oil. It looks like its dripping off the transmission. I need some ideas! Please and thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Actually it's a pretty easy job over all on those year trucks.
Loosen motor mounts jack engine up. Remove oil pan, loosen last bearing cap, remove seal. Repeat in reverse order.

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
if its an auto trans it could be the front trans seal. trans would have to come out and torque converter removed to replace the seal. put a white paper plate under the truck and let it drip on it. the pull the dipstick on the engine and trans then match it to the drip's on the plate

How bad is it leaking? Good thing to do is wash off the engine and undercarriage so you can see where the oil is coming from more easily.
The shop is going to charge for this , so you might as well do it.
It's not bad. Like golf ball sized spots. Some spots are a little bigger.lol.
I hate oil leaks. Golf ball size is a catastrophe.
If you can drop an oil pan, you can probably change the seal.

primetime

sawmill slave
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but what year is this 351? 83 and newer are one piece rear main, and that changes how you remove it it. Ie, the engine or trans have to come out.

The engine block will have a casting number above the starter. find it, post it, and we can decode it. You may have to pull the starter see it.

I only bring this up because 351 Windsors were not original to these trucks. You never know what someone may have put in there.

I don't know the year of the engine. And I thought the Windsor was factory but what do I know.. Ill have to do it when there's sunlight. Thanks.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts