Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

i hate my duramax

i blew up a duramax with 128000 miles on it 10 grand min. to fix. ifound a pretty decent 97 ford 350 4x4 but it has an auto transmission. I already own a 97 f250 4x4 with standard tranny. I want to take my duramax money and buy the old ford. the ford i have has been an awesome truck. 200,000 miles on the 460 and going strong. the question i have is can i swap the stick in when the auto gives up without too much trouble. im gonna park that gmc duramax in my yard and use it ford ford part storage. if the f350 works out for me i want to eventually put a cummins in it. any input would be greatly appreciated.
TY
joe wood

baught the f350 4x4 today really like it exept for tha auto tranny. 112000 mile ex water company truck. heat came up a little climbing the 330. 5000 ft gain in elevation in 17 miles. 100 degress at bottom about 80 at top. pretty bad conditions for any truck .gauge got up to the L in normal bet never climbed higher. im gonna check under both trucks tomorrow and see if gear ratios are different. how much could that screw with a tranny swap?
ty
joe

Fellro

Staff member
Gears aren't the problem, bell housing is. You can mod the bell from a 460 to work, but not real recommended. You would still have to get all the flywheel and clutch parts for the stroker.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts