Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I Gave You Time to Come Clean, Now I'm Tellin'

I guess you're gonna keep quiet like it's classified information or something soooo,

Chris (Cali), Chris (Tenn) test drove a Raptor today!

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Damn...I thought I done good parking next to one at work the other day.

:suspicious:

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
The 6.2 is stout if you have it wound up to 5k RPM's all the time.. anything beneath 3500 rpms its not the quickest thing. but it drives smooth as silk... love the way it rides and drives.... I would love to have one... i really hope to see them drop a ecoboost 3.5 in it or ecoboost the 5.0 and drop in it....

the mustang, OMG... half throttle will get her going pretty quick!!!!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
The 6.2 is stout if you have it wound up to 5k RPM's all the time.. anything beneath 3500 rpms its not the quickest thing.
Hm... I guess my standards are lower (as a result of always owning slow trucks) because I drove a regular ol' 2010 F150 5.0L at the car show in San Jose recently and it was faster than crap... At least compared to my truck it was... If the 5.0 impressed me then I can only imagine how the 6.2 would feel.

And by the way-- that truck I drove at the car show is probably the only new F150 that I've ever driven... I don't think I had driven anything newer than a gen 9 before that (drove my bro's 2010 F250 PSD but that was a whole different experience). I was blown away by the difference 15 years can make. Damned thing handled a like a compact car. I'm dying to drive the Raptor but I'll wait til I've got a little more cash before I walk into the dealership-- I've heard that a lot of dealerships won't let you test drive a Raptor unless you're seriously considering a purchase (not that they could really hold you to it).

Last edited:

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
That disappoints me. :(

I feel weird driving something that I can't hear or feel.

Cool deal though man. There's a Raptor that parks near me at school. It's the burnt copper color.

well the way it feels is cause the way the suspension is set up for lots of travel, it helps reduce the bumps on the road, and also the tires arent bad at all for the road, they are fairly soft treaded... rides real real good and steers great... definatly can tell its wider as its fun to park....

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Ahh I see. My Ranger has very little travel in the front, so pulling up onto my driveway is like hitting a wall.lol. Once I crank the T-Bars though i'll gain a bit of travel so it won't be near as rough.

I like the Blue Raptor. I just wish the rear axle didn't kiss the back of the cab.

2010fordf150svtraptorsi.jpg

Hm... I guess my standards are lower (as a result of always owning slow trucks) because I drove a regular ol' 2010 F150 5.0L at the car show in San Jose recently and it was faster than crap... At least compared to my truck it was...
If the 5.0 impressed me then I can only imagine how the 6.2 would feel.

And by the way-- that truck I drove at the car show is probably the only new F150 that I've ever driven... I don't think I had driven anything newer than a gen 9 before that (drove my bro's 2010 F250 PSD but that was a whole different experience). I was blown away by the difference 15 years can make. Damned thing handled a like a compact car. I'm dying to drive the Raptor but I'll wait til I've got a little more cash before I walk into the dealership-- I've heard that a lot of dealerships won't let you test drive a Raptor unless you're seriously considering a purchase (not that they could really hold you to it).

Great post! It's very nice. Thank you so much for your post.

I am so tired of these spammers.

- O'Rattlecan

Last edited by a moderator:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
While we're talking about new rigs...while I was at the dealership getting my stang buffed, they let me drive around Mooresville in an '11 Sploder for an hour or so. This one to be exact:

http://www.mooresvilleford.com/new/...2011_ford_explorer/vehicle/1FMHK7F82BGA09131/

IMO...not what an explorer should be...but pretty frickin nice, it's like an Edge with another row of seats. I suppose when little me's start running around, I'll probably upgrade Bailee from the Edge to that.

Oh...and the first Mustang I test drove to see if I'd be comfortable in it, was actually a 5.0...about made me piss myself, I wasn't expecting the 412hp. This one to be exact:

http://www.cloningerford.com/inventory.aspx/inventory/7102/2998982.html

I haven't driven a Raptor yet...but I did see the lowest window sticker price on one I've seen, it was right at 48K...I'm thinking it was a 2010.

Last edited:

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA

Ford Truck Articles