Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

i gave it a good run

jbashaw

daddy bashaw
So last night at a stop light a New chevy pulled up next to me and acted like he wanted to play. so seeing how i haven't ever really tested my truck against another one i figured why not. the light turned green and we both floored it. his bumper was just right behind mine until we hit about 70-75 and he started to pull away :( i figure being a stock 95 3/4 ton i did alright seeing how i was going up against a truck 15 years newer... still kinda a blow to the ego lol... now i wanna mod up so it doesn't happen again... just wanted to vent

jbashaw

daddy bashaw
i figure exhaust will help a little. maybe a K&N... can you modify the air filter box to let it breath more? what about putting two of them round air filters on the end of the tubes? just an idea...

jbashaw

daddy bashaw
Im thinking after i get my exhaust on i might try a camshaft... i figure the flowmaster and removing the cat should give me a couple hp. I don't have thousands to put into it or I'd yank the motor and do a total performance rebuild so on my list of things to do are... exhaust, cam, msd total ignition system and maybe headers sometime in the future... what kinda gains should i get from the cat being removed and Im going with a flowmaster 2 1/4 dual in dual out dynomax dumping it right out of the muffler... is 10 hp realistic?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Yeah I'd say you can get 10 horsepower out removing stock exhaust for some more free flowing equipment. You might not even be able to notice it, but it will be a little better.

Ryan

jbashaw

daddy bashaw
what about intake options? they have them round "hi-flow" filters at autozone... think that help any? like just attaching them to the end of the intake tubes?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
On a stock engine the exhaust is the main bottleneck for airflow. Even on the intake side, the arm and filter aren't the bottleneck. The biggest choke in the intake side are the intake manifolds.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts