Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I already bought a New truck

Jerome Casi

Missouri Chapter member
So I just bought that F250 with the 460, but it just doesnt seem to be heavy enough for what I am going to be doing in two weeks, so I get to go pick up this on Tuesday....
IMG00057.jpg

Jerome Casi

Missouri Chapter member
That's a SWEET lookin' truck! :D

What motor/tranny it got?

Its the 7.3 turbo powerstroke, not sure on tranny, its automatic, has overdrive button on the shifter. I am not familiar with fords yet but Im learnin! The truck had really high miles, but the guy is a diesel mechanic, has all the receipts, new motor and tranny at 40,000 miles ago, aftermarket tranny cooler, shift kit, etc, etc. I also am not lying when I say there is not a drop of oil, or engine grime anywhere on the truck, I have only seen on cleaner on a show room. The guy loved this thing and took immense care of it. No Cancer or anything. Ran like a champ.

That truck looks really nice, I like it. It looks like a powerstroke logo on the side of it, but I cant tell if there is a column shifter or not. The two-tone looks very classy. :)

If its an auto, that would make an E4OD. YelloThumbUp

Jerome Casi

Missouri Chapter member
That truck looks really nice, I like it. It looks like a powerstroke logo on the side of it, but I cant tell if there is a column shifter or not. The two-tone looks very classy. :)

If its an auto, that would make an E4OD. YelloThumbUp

Good to know on the tranny, thank ya. The tranny and engine were full rebuilds, all pumps, Injectors, etc etc. I felt real good about it when I met the guy and he started showing me all the receipts, plus how clean it was, and he had 2 other diesels in the driveway. So I am hoping she had much life left on her.

Good to know on the tranny, thank ya. The tranny and engine were full rebuilds, all pumps, Injectors, etc etc. I felt real good about it when I met the guy and he started showing me all the receipts, plus how clean it was, and he had 2 other diesels in the driveway. So I am hoping she had much life left on her.

That sounds like a great deal, on a pretty much perfect truck. I hope it works out for you. Man, it sure looks purdy... :D

EDIT: Jerome, are you selling the '88, or keeping it?

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Seems like it should be a good strong dependable truck. We have the 7.3 in our truck, and I love it. We use it to tow a 34FT fifth wheel, that weighs about 10000 empty and closer to 11 with all of our stuff in it. Never had a problem. Truck has 9400 (no I didnt forget a zero) miles on it, and I'd say 8500+ of those where pulling the camper.

Jerome Casi

Missouri Chapter member
That sounds like a great deal, on a pretty much perfect truck. I hope it works out for you. Man, it sure looks purdy... :D

EDIT: Jerome, are you selling the '88, or keeping it?

Sellin it, it will go on the old craigslist after i get this one and switch tires between the two, since i JUST bought new tires 'smiliedoh'

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts