Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Howdy from Maine

Just wanted to say hi to all you Ford Fanatics out there. I retired as a high school teacher after 35 years and then re-retired from being a dairy farmer after 10 years, now I'm building guitars. Over and above that part of my life, I'm the very proud owner of a pretty but tired 1949 F1 pick-up. She had a proud beginning with the original owner and then was given to his teenage son who, along with his buddies, put a 302 in her and proceeded to beat her, near to death, in the back woods of Northern Vermont. I had the chance to rescue her about 6 years ago during the dairy farm years. Needless to say, not much got done on her while I was farming, but since selling the farm, I have had a lot more time, but also a lot less money. I have put an original flat head motor back in her and got her running, but thats about all. I'm not looking for a show truck, just a well worn piece of Ford history to toot around town in. I'll look forward to any help you can offer as my project proceeds. Thanks in advance, Stampy p.s. I know this may sound trivial, but I'd sure like to find an original, well-worn and pitted "F" to help give my 1949 "ORD" pick-up some well deserved dignity.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Welcome to FTF!

What part of Maine are you in? I graduated from Orono a few years back; really like the state.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Welcome - I'm pretty sure I can find an "F" around here that will work for you. Join us in the 48-52 section, and I too am looking forward to pictures.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Welcome fellow Mainer! What part of the state are you in?

Welcome and thank you for saving a great piece of Ford truck history.
Also looking forward to your project and learning more about your truck.

Ian, I'm in Pownal which is right next to Freeport (LL. Bean). We're getting about 8-10 inches of snow right now and it's beautiful. Winter is right on track! Stampy

Ken, I'm in Pownal between Freeport and Durham. I'm getting ready to plow about half of the on-going nor'easter. You must be in the thick of it too. Enjoy! Stampy

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ken, I'm in Pownal between Freeport and Durham. I'm getting ready to plow about half of the on-going nor'easter. You must be in the thick of it too. Enjoy! Stampy

Yup, we've already rec'd about 8", would be my guess....cleared my driveway once already and getting ready to go do a quick sweep again here shortly!

Be safe out there!

Also lookin forward to some pics. My Dad had a 48 flatbed. It was our grain truck, so don't know what F-series it would have been.
I had a 53 fat fendered ford for several years, kickin my butt for selling it, I loved that old truck. Was in my 20's at the time, so you know how us kids liked to mess around. I put G-60's on the front and Micky Thompson N-50's on the back. Bout every year I had to replace the kingpins. The first time was a bear, but after that it was easy.
Marsh

Marsh, Oh yes, the lessons taught by youth. I've sold some real jewels, over the years too, and it still bugs me. I posted a couple of photos in the members gallery, check them out! Stampy

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Welcome to FTF!
seeyamustang.gif

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
welcome to the site stampy...

Ford Truck Articles