Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Howdy from Kentucky

Well I had never owned a ford in my whole 37 years on this earth,In the past 2 months I have aquired 2 Ford Trucks.One is a 1984 Ford F-150 4x4 with a Straight 6 motor,standard shift transmission,A/C that works!! I saved this truck from the crusher the previous owner sold me the truck for $300.00 about what he would have got at the scrap yard??This guy must have some screws loose in his head the old truck runs perfect,drives pretty well{Needs Ball Joints} but other than this its a solid Ol Truck with verry little rust on the body that I have done fixed.Then I aquired my Grandfathers Ol Truck its a 1986 Ford F-150 XLT Larit long wheel base 2x4 with only 78,000 miles a 5.0 EFI engine with duel tanks,cloth seat,A/C , a nice Ol Truck but where its been sitting since 2001! It dont want to run but I believe with the help from members here on FTF Ill get going in the right direction.Being a TRUE CHEVY MAN I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT A FORD!!But I have confidence I can learn???The distributor at the front of the engine Is new to me LOL!!!!!......Coldsteel smilieFordlogo

FTF'er

Welcome to the forum, it's great to have you here!

I was a "Chevy only" guy up until a couple years ago when I started messing with Fords. It was strange at first to have anything other than a Chevy, but after I got used to Ford trucks I really like them.

I hadnt ever opened the hood on a Ford till I got these 2 trucks!And really the first thing I saw was that distributor on the front!!!I thought what the H*LL.. So I guess I have alot of learning to do..Also seems to me on the FI engines they have more crap evrywhere that have wires hoses etc......That to confuses me...Like the dual tank truck I have? 2 fuel pums??One in the tank one on the frame???Gonna take some getting use too LOL...LOL!!!!!!Coldsteel187:headbang:

Welcome to the forum, it's great to have you here!

I was a "Chevy only" guy up until a couple years ago when I started messing with Fords. It was strange at first to have anything other than a Chevy, but after I got used to Ford trucks I really like them.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Welcome to FTF

FTF'er

Jeez, I can't believe this thread has made it this far without....

:post pics:

blacksnapon

Staff member
Welcome to the site!

HI and :welcome: to FTF

I use to live in Ky in the around Louisville and also in Shebly county tooo!!!!

Ford Truck Articles