Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How big of tires will fit on a 78 F-250 4x4 3/4 ton...

Title says it all, how big of tires will fit on a 78 F-250 4X4 3/4 ton truck with no lift? Also I do have a saw zall if it comes down to it :) haha

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I know that 35's will fit without any problems. Beyond that, I'm not sure. It also depends on how wide they are.

yea i'm not worried about width, i just want it to sit up higher and look more aggressive

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
35's on a 78 250 will fit, might have a little fender rub though, just depends on what shape your springs and body mounts are in, and what kind of backspacing your rims have.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
I would recommend 33's for the best overall look. That's what I'm running on mine at stock height, and in my opinion it looks the best. I think if you put
35's on it with no lift, it just looks too much like they're stuffed in there and ends up looking bad. Just my opinion, though.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I would recommend 33's for the best overall look. That's what I'm running on mine at stock height, and in my opinion it looks the best. I think if you put
35's on it with no lift, it just looks too much like they're stuffed in there and ends up looking bad. Just my opinion, though.

I agree. I really liked my 33X9.50X15's but they are almost impossible to find anymore.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I agree with these guys...while a 35 will physically fit, I think it then looks too stuffed, and I think a 33x12.5 looks really sharp. Otherwise, add a 4" lift or trim up to the body line and add some flares.

like said, 35's will fit but 33's may look better? I have 33x12.5x16.5 on my 1978 F250. I dnt believe that u could go any wider than 12.5 either. Mine is pretty close to hitting, but I do still have the plastic splash guards and all still on mine.

gotcha, thanks for the advice fellas. I blewout my front u joints/ball joints/bearing the other day so now i am replacing all of the front wheel assembly pretty much and it had me thinking about bigger tires

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
36's and a 4 inch lift is perfect

Actually, yes. That's exactly what I would like to do some day when I can bring myself to cough up the money for a good lift kit. I've come close to doing it, but always talk myself out of it because of the price they ask for those things.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts