Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hopefully Soon...

I will be getting this truck!!! Well as soon as i get a job and some money I WILL get it!

Its a 1967 Ford F-350 Long Box Flare-Side!!

It has a 360 in it...and I'm not sure on the tranny but i know its a manual...

How are 360's? I don't really hear much on them...

DSCN3331.jpg

DSCN3333.jpg

DSCN3335.jpg

DSCN3329.jpg

The owner told me i could have it for $1,000!!! I think its a good deal!

I was told that this truck is rare...what do Y'all think?

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Sweet!!!! I've never seen one like that so maybe it is rare......360 is a decent engine and made half way decent power. It's another FE engine. How's the rust on it?

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Id pull that rubber mat up and check the floors for rust. The 360s an ok motor if your just gonna use it for a cruiser but if ya want to tow anything or burn tires with it then get a 390 to put in there. Trannys probly a np435 4 speed. Id also check the vin on it to see if its actually a 350 if it is itll start with f35.

Id pull that rubber mat up and check the floors for rust. The 360s an ok motor if your just gonna use it for a cruiser but if ya want to tow anything or burn tires with it then get a 390 to put in there. Trannys probly a np435 4 speed. Id also check the vin on it to see if its actually a 350 if it is itll start with f35.

Yep, it starts with F35!

Can anyone decode some codes for me?

Trans: A

Axle:27

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
I forgot that 67s didnt come with 360s if its factory itll be a 352 if its been swapped in there it could be any kind of FE the best way to tell is pull out a spark plug and turn the motor over by hand with a long dowel in the hole and hold it tight against the top of the piston. Mark the dowel at TDC and BDC and then measure the marks thatll tell ya how long the stroke is. If its 3.5 inches its a 352 or 360, if its 3.78 inches its a 390, 406 or 427, 3.98 inches its a 410 or 428. Thats the best way to tell what ya have. Its probly a 352 judgin by all the grime on it.

I forgot that 67s didnt come with 360s if its factory itll be a 352 if its been swapped in there it could be any kind of FE the best way to tell is pull out a spark plug and turn the motor over by hand with a long dowel in the hole and hold it tight against the top of the piston. Mark the dowel at TDC and BDC and then measure the marks thatll tell ya how long the stroke is. If its 3.5 inches its a 352 or 360, if its 3.78 inches its a 390, 406 or 427, 3.98 inches its a 410 or 428. Thats the best way to tell what ya have. Its probly a 352 judgin by all the grime on it.

My bad!!'smiliedoh' Its a '68!!

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Alright them did have 360s as an option they also had 390s so check the vin for either and H or a Y and thatll tell ya. H is a 390 and Y is a 360. I wouldnt trust the air cleaner cause who knows wether its been swapped after that many years. Itll be the letter right after f35.

Alright them did have 360s as an option they also had 390s so check the vin for either and H or a Y and thatll tell ya. H is a 390 and Y is a 360. I wouldnt trust the air cleaner cause who knows wether its been swapped after that many years. Itll be the letter right after f35.

Its a Y code, so it is the original 360! The website that i found this on says the 360 has 215 HP...how much TQ does it produce?

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
The best way to know is to drive it and see if stuff acts like its got 100,000, 200,000 or more. Feel how the tranny shifts how noisy the rear end is how good the motor runs and stuff like that. If its got better than 200,000 that motors gonna be weak and probly burn oil. Give it a tune up if it needs it grease the bearings change the oil in the tranny, diff and motor, check the shoes and drums. Check the brake fluid condition and how good the master cylinder works. Another good indicator of general condition is the weather strippin in the doors and the seals around the windows if its hard and rotten its probly been sittin for some time and not driven. Another one is the seat springs and heater controls if the seats got low spots in it then its probly had quite a few more miles put on it than advertised if the heater controls are excessivly loose then theyve been used alot. Also check the kingpins to see if theyre sloppy, check the suspension for broken leaves on the leaf springs.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Nothing really to add here...but that thing is pretty sweet...and it does in fact have my favorite bed.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts