Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Honda Civic issues

I have replaced a couple of the cam sensors and they both would act just like your car.Did you use a honda part? What was the orginal code for? There is a service bullentin for P1361 and P1362 but.............your not going to like what they say.

andym

Real men are fanatics
Update:

- no vacuum leaks. I pulled the brake booster line after the car sat for about 15 minutes and it went SSSSSSH. I couldn't find a good place to hook a vacuum gauge up.

- Changed the spark plugs. It seemed to run a little better after I did this. I didn't see any moisture or anything else in the plug hole.

- I swapped the new ignition coil out for the old one. No difference.

I did replace the cam sensor with a honda part. $43 from the dealership. The original code was for the cam sensor (forget the number). I didn't get either of those manufacturer specific codes - what are they for?

The car runs fine now. No problems at all, other than the CEL is still on. It's setting the catalytic converter code all the time now. When I have time (after I finish the Bronco) I'll test the O2 sensors and go from there.

I checked the mileage yesterday too - 35 mpg, mostly highway.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts