Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Holy smokes! Anyone need a truck?!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Some people prefer less electronics because they don't have to deal with the electrical problems associated therein.

And Andy-- I think we all know by now that KBB doesn't often give an accurate estimate for the value of these trucks. I WISH I could have purchased my truck for blue book... But not even close-- the Centurion aspect adds to the value of the truck. Also I suppose my mind is still a little warped; just remembering the fact that trucks like these have dropped in value by the thousands since gas prices started soaring :headbang:

andym

Real men are fanatics
You can't go by whatever market value is for a truck like yours because there *is* no market. They are a rarity and their value can't be easily determined.

Gas prices have dropped the values on trucks like these quite a bit. But once you do the math, you realize that it's actually cheaper to buy a vehicle that gets bad mileage for dirt cheap than it is to buy a comparable (year, options, condition) smaller car that gets better mileage but is more expensive.

There's no interest in it because it's over priced.

Also, if a vehicle is garaged, the paint can remain good for years. The paint on my Bronco is in excellent condition and still has the shiny factory clearcoat on it except in one very small spot. Once people see it they instantly think it was painted, but it never was.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I've seen Andy's bronco... All the paint is peeling on the entire truck except for one small spot. Can anyone else vouch for him? Nope, then it must be accepted as truth :rofl:

Kidding, he's got a nice truck :p But yes, age is not always the determining factor in the quality of the paint on a vehicle... Mine is going on 14 years old an the paint still looks great, IMO.

DSC01621.jpg

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Oh...maybe that piece of information will help me find it in parking lots.

I've seen Andy's bronco... All the paint is peeling on the entire truck except for one small spot. Can anyone else vouch for him? Nope, then it must be accepted as truth :rofl:

Kidding, he's got a nice truck :p But yes, age is not always the determining factor in the quality of the paint on a vehicle... Mine is going on 14 years old an the paint still looks great, IMO.

Any factory color looks good after a good wash, buff, cleaning, and wax. The factory "Midnight Blue Clearcoat Metallic" paint shines like new on my truck after all the scratches and faded paint are buffed out. (this is on a 19 year old truck parked outside)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts