Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hey

Blade

Backwoods boy
HELLO EVERYONE. Im oliver and i live in bell county kentucky. i also own a 1990 ford ranger 4x4 smiliepeelout

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Hey Oliver! Glad you decided to join here.

Get some pics up so we can see your truck! (of course I already know what it looks like smilietease )

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Nice to have you here. Thanks for joining the group.:welcome:

Blade

Backwoods boy
thanks.. the rust actully aint that bad except for the frame.... but then it did come from indiana and it wasent coated so...its also my "beater" truck. as tyler likes to put it

Last edited:

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I could beat the hell outta that thing!!! AND have ALOT of fun doin it!!! I'm jealous!! Welcome aboard!

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
My favorite Ranger style.

Still a solid truck compair to here . Enjoy

Welcome by the way .

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
That explains it, Oliver. Too young to officially drive it on the roads, so you've been improvising your tracks and making good use of your truck's 4x4 off-road capabilities. Carefull to always take good care of your truck, and it'll return the favor by taking care of you. Wouldn't take me very long to break out my grinder and self-etching primer on those doors.

Tyl

Blade

Backwoods boy
im 15... in kentucky you cant get ur license till ur 16 and 6 months. ive got 4 months till my permit. so 10 more months total.. i also forgot to mention that my truck only has 73 thousand miles on it.

Last edited:
I drove my 89 ranger for 16 years (same body). They do pretty well in the mud with decent tires. My brother has mine up in Missouri now. It had close to 200,000 miles when he ended up with it.

They are fun little trucks.

I have moved on...I do own a 2001 explorer 4X4 (same drivetrain as later rangers), but my baby is my 56 F-100.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Welcome to FTF! I really like that style Ranger, too.

thanks.. the rust actully aint that bad except for the frame....

If the frame is rustier than the body, I'd suggest taking a good look at your rear shackles and spring hangers before you off-road it too hard. Those parts tend to rust pretty bad on Rangers, and off-roading will be hard on them.

It's not really hard to replace them, just takes some time, so it might be a good project to play with before you get your license, too...YelloThumbUp

Ford Truck Articles