Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hello everyone, first post

My son, Matt (15 yrs old) and I purchased a 68 F100 Ranger last month to restore. We are looking forward to all the fun and frustration. I came across your site as I was looking for tips on trim removal. Any help?

A classic customs shop will do the body work and paint. We will be breaking it down. Any tips on trim removal? We are trying to save as much as possible and not damage the original pieces. The truck is straight, has some body rust, but not terrible. However, the truck bed is in terrible condition and will need to be cut out. I was think of replacing the bed with floor plate. Good idea? Any suggestions? Thanks. Its great to a part of the community.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Welcome to FTF!

You might take a look at the Gen 5 manual that Duncan(DNFXDLI) has posted to get an idea of types of connectors for trim. Group 48, section 4.

It is a place to start, anyway.

Last edited:
You can check out this site. It is specifically for '67-'72 Ford trucks.

http://www.fordification.com/index.htm

As to the bed you should be able to just pick up a replacement bed pretty easily. Even if you have to buy a whole truck to get it. Put your bed on the donor & sell it when you are finished with your truck. I would be shopping for a '73-'79 truck. Same size so if you have a F100 you will want the '73-'79 to be either a F100 or F150. You want 1 with pwr steering & pwr disc brakes. It is a bolt on improvement for your truck.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Welcome....we love pics...let see some of that rig of yours when we can and good luck with the build.

I have always dreamed of doing exactly what you're attempting to do with my son some day.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts