Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hello all

My name is Scott and I'm on for info and research and because I finally have a Ford F350. I actually had a 2006 F350 crew cab Lariat diesle but had to give it up cause my business went under. But now I have a 1994 crew cab xlt long bed with the 7.5ltr engine. I have some issues and some wants if someone can help me out.

First issue is that both passenger side window motors went out, according to the dealer. I replaced those and I'm having issues. Other than having big forearms and not being able to get in the doors easily, the issues I'm having now is that the front window will not roll up or down, almost like it's stuck or there is not any power going to it. Then I did the passenger side rear window motor and it's backwards. The pushing the up on the button makes the window go down and the down makes the window go up! WTF? I connecte the wires per color, so red to red, and yellow to yellow. What am I doing wrong.

Secondly, I want to change the interior for the most part. It's all royal blue and I want to make it grey or something like that, a little more subtle. Can someone help me with where to start with this? I thought about just removing all the trim pieces and painting them with a sem paint. Anyone have any suggestions. Also a suggestion on a good parts place online would help out as well. I have several parts that are old and show their age that I want to update if possible.

Lastly I'm having an engine noise, more like a bell ringing or metal hitting metal type sound from the front of the truck. I'm not sure what it might be but is that the water pump maybe going out? Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Glad to be here and hope to learn lots from you guys! This is the truck I wanted for a long time and now I want to get it fixed up so it's nice again.

Thanks for listening. Look forward to meeting you all!!!

emtzach

i get paid to do this
I did a complete interior color change on my 90 bronco brown to black. I would have loved to just swap plastics but I had never seen a black one so I opted to paint it. I suggest getting alot of exterior plastic primer, so that the paint will sit well on the primer not the plastic. however you will always be proned to needing to touch up because its now painted not molded so any scratch will end up showing the original color. any carpeted parts are very easy to replace, just go to a fabric shop and get alot of the same color off the same roll that matches your paint. You will also get good at using 3M spray glue for fabric replacement. remember to remove all fabric, do not put new over the old it will show flaws and end up sagging. you can always pm me with specific questions about different processes during the build i would be glad to help. Oh and welcome to the site

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Welcome to the site! Hopefully some of the guys will be along to help out!

Thanks for the help already guys. Hi glad to meet you. I'm also an owner of a 2006 Honda Civic so I'm pretty familiar with these types of forums. I'm working on that right now so I can get back into it and off the roads in this gas hawg!!! This is going to be my secondary vehicle primarily. Traveling, construction when I get jobs, and pulling etc. But none the less I still want it to look good!

My neighbor just happens to paint vehicles so I'm gonna hit him up for a paint job. I'm having trouble deciding right though what color. It's currently white whit a silver, or what used to be silver, thick stripe about 1 1/2 feet wide down the sides. I really love black, or a midnight blue, but my wife brings up a good point in her opinion of silver or grey in that it doesn't show dirt or scratches etc very well. But whatever it is I'll post things up as I do em.

Thanks again!

You can simply reverse the wires on the window motors to get them to operate properly. I had the same problem on mine.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Welcome . Post up in the truck forums . Allot more diesel guys looking there.

Thanks. I was wondering about the wires, but I didn't wanna f anything up. I'll give that a shot.

I'm looking at some new rims and tires. I'm wondering a couple things. First I have 4" lift on it right now. There are 16.5" rims on it, which I don't like, and 33" tires that are bald. So I'm going to go with some 20" x 9" rims, and I'm looking at 35x12.50x20 Nitto's. Can anyone tell me if this is going to be an issue as far as fitting on the rim? Also I'm seeing in different places people talking about a backspace, ie 5.5 etc. What does that mean? I don't know much about rims and tires and fitment etc, so I'm looking for some help please. Thanks!

Here are the rims btw.
http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Store_Detail.cfm?ID=192167&InfoID=2505&ShowLarge=True

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
What your looking for is a wheel that is 8x6.5 (8 lugs, 6.5 inces apart). Go down to a local wheel shop and talk to them, you may get a better deal and they'll tell you what you need.

Like those rims btw

Ford Truck Articles