Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

HEGO sensor

I have a code 41 meaning that my HEGO sensor is not detected. Where is the sensor? Also, I had 2 EGR codes indicating I need a new EGR valve, could that of caused that error? Also, would it be better to just use the RJM kit and ditch the EGR?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Taylor, the HEGO sensor is in a small cross-pipe that connects the two exhaust pipes as they exit the manifolds.

After about 200,000 on my old truck (and about 14-15 years time) the sensor had enough exhaust soot on it that it could not give a clear reading. Of course, the sensor giving this reading may be an indication that it is, in fact, running rich/lean.

I've done the RJM kit, and the truck will run normally if you do it. However, your CEL will be on from now, on.

If your sensor says that it's not detected, I think you need a new one. You might have a short somewhere. I had to go to the dealer for this part, because O'Reilly's did not have one in the network.

Ryan

Taylor, the HEGO sensor is in a small cross-pipe that connects the two exhaust pipes as they exit the manifolds.

After about 200,000 on my old truck (and about 14-15 years time) the sensor had enough exhaust soot on it that it could not give a clear reading. Of course, the sensor giving this reading may be an indication that it is, in fact, running rich/lean.

I've done the RJM kit, and the truck will run normally if you do it. However, your CEL will be on from now, on.

If your sensor says that it's not detected, I think you need a new one. You might have a short somewhere. I had to go to the dealer for this part, because O'Reilly's did not have one in the network.

Ryan

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...tring=search&itemIdentifier=4981_115960_1784_

Ford Truck Articles