Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Headliner removal - '94 Crew Cab

My headliner has a bad case of the sags. Has anyone removed their headliner from a CC of the same or similar year? I can't see away to get it out short of removing some seats.

Any tips from someone who has done this?

Removing seats? may be a silly question, but why would you have to remove seats?

The thing is so doggone big that I couldn't see a way to get it out the door otherwise. Can't get it to "drop down" far enough.

wow... and the thing won't fold, roll, or otherwise bend? Might have to do one of those. never encountered that, though... in my superduty I had to have mine done when a less-than-socially-acceptable crew member put cigarette burns in it because he "thought it was just a company truck". They were able to wrangle it out of there tho

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
U need to gut interior as its help by all side panels and seats r in way to get some off easy .Remove back window and go out it . As its a quick remove. And get a friend to help put slight bend to get out . I did one was afraid to put to much kink in it to try to get out rear door . As They r not easy to find.

Thanks Lost - I'm not looking to replace it, but just to fix the sag that this one has. Should be able to do that with some of that spray adhesive that's sold in auto parts stores, don't you think?

I have never been able to get one to stick back over a period of time...never. Maybe that is just me. [confused]

I always ended up replacing the material. I don't recall it being that expensive, but that has been a very long time ago.

You must clean the surface of the headliner well and use a really good adhesive even if you try to use the old material. I tried all sorts of brands (which did not work well) before someone in the industry told me to try 3M brand.

One of the local parts stores carries it here, but I usually bought it at an autobody supply store (happened to be in there getting supplies for body work usually).

You might go to graingers, and get the HIGH-HEAT adhesive, being so close the the sun, and all, tends to get hot.

Thanks for your responses, guys. I'm gonna weigh if it's even really worth it to go through all that to attempt to fix what is really just a minor aggrivation in what is essentially a work truck.

I appreciate your time.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Thanks Lost - I'm not looking to replace it, but just to fix the sag that this one has. Should be able to do that with some of that spray adhesive that's sold in auto parts stores, don't you think?

The 3m IS best but the foam backing will probably let go in short time

Ford Truck Articles