Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Happy Birthday Mr. Stroker

Happy B'day

Michigan
Thanks everyone! Got a pretty good day planned. Headin out to the new house to mess around a bit and take pics and then im ridin :) Beer drinkin tonight! Thanks again

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Happy Birthday, enjoy your new 4 wheeler.

Michigan
What a day... Went through the first tank of fuel.. Had a awesome time and the YFZ got faster and faster as the day went on. Gonna go get me some race fuel and 93 oct. and mix it 50/50 for the ride tomorrow. I got burnt by the sun today also! Tired and ready for bed lol

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Happy Birthday and congrats on the machine. Be aware that using a fuel higher octane higher than required can actually reduce the performance of the machine. The higher octane burns slower as it is meant for high CR's.

Michigan
I thought i was having big time issues with it towards the end of the day. I was riding around with a friend of mine and it started to cut out and sputter! Then it finally stalled. I looked to see if i had fuel and i could see plenty of gas! So i tried starting it back up and nothing. Pulled the choke and it fired right up and acted normal. Went a little bit more and it started coughin again and died..

Well im used to Honda and when you need to switch to the reserve tank you can usually take the gas cap off and look in there and see no visable fuel at all.... Well apparently yamaha's you can still see plenty of fuel in the tank when you have to switch to reserve. I flipped the tank to reserve and it ran like a champ again..

It got stronger and stronger as the day went on! I love having power in all 5 gears. This morning it left me wishing i had a 6th gear because it seamed like the power was to much for the transmission. Now it pulls like crazy in 5th! Hard to keep the front tires on the ground :) Im sun burnt as hell also lol

BIGRED911

Charter Member
I love the yfz450s...had an x gf that had one, barrowed it to race a few TT and flattrack races while my raptor was blowed up....if you wanna really make it scream retard the exhaust cam one tooth!

Ford Truck Articles