Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

H pipe Vs X pipes Vs True Duals

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
wich one is better in performance and wich one is the better sounding one

im planning on true duals exiting before the front tires on each side..

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I was under the impression that the H pipe just equalizes pressure for smoother flow, and most of what I've seen is less than a 5hp increase. Personally, I can't tell the difference in sound between H pipes and true duals.

Little bit of info...if you do plan on doing an H pipe...throw some paint on the first 3ft of your pipes, and where the paint is burned off...that's the optimal place for the H pipe.

Last edited:

Kevsha

hackin' 'n' whackin'
the small block ford engines tend to like to like h-pipes better than true duals. Also true duals will give you a VERY raspy sound. the H-pipe will give it a more even, smoother sound. i know someone who decided it would be a good idea to put true duals on qa 93 t-bird with a 5.0, and the car fell flat on its face, and i'm sure you would use mufflers where he didn't but it was just loud, raspy, and obnoxous. when he floored it like a big fat ugly dude screaming as loud as he possibly could, where a 5.0 stang with bassani x-pipe and mufflers sounded like Mozart's 9th symphony. An h-pipe with some descent mufflers (i had flowmaster super 40s on my cougar) will souln awesome

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
ok then H pipe it is!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts