Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

gunning for Ryan's title

one of my first trucks was a 65 shortbed that someone had painted the interior with GOLD metallic paint. I hated that look and feel of that paint, plus it was wearing thin in areas so I decided one day to paint the interior with rattlecan...WHITE. I used up two cases trying to hide that ^&*($%^&* Gold paint!!!
Then I learned about PRIMER :rofl:

Well...it is going very slow. Dad and I installed the clutch linkage "kit" and the bracket for the power brake booster tonight.

We had to hone the new shaft and the new parts to get it all to fit. What a pain.

Running the new brake lines will be the worst part. I am not looking forward to that. :headbang:

Unless somone crawls under the truck, they will not know it is not stock brakes. All that will show under the hood is the vacuum line to a "T" on the intake.

The front spring packs have been taken apart and cleaned (sanded). They have been very lightly primed and painted. I have the poly liners to go in them as well. Bolting it all back together should not take too long.

Oh...I found a spot on one of the fenders that has a major dent. I would estimate it is about 3/4" deep. No...they didn't even try to pop it out. It is filled with bondo.

It will be fine until this fall when I strip everything. I need to practice my metalshaping again anyway.

Last edited:
Better get your HOCKEYPUCKS!!!

Truly a labor of love. on the shackles and hangers, you going with stock or roller?

My little bro picked up some hockey pucks and some tools for me in Springfield this weekend. He is going to get my spare wheel from Cal too. Then I can get a spare tire that holds air.

Shackles and hangers? Everything is stock. All my springs have new bushings already.

Maybe I'm gonna have to mail you these arms... seems frustratin' not bein' able to call when I know I'll be close n all...

Never thought about texting... I got two. Sprint AND verizon.
One is technically a "work phone" (sprint) but I use my verizon on the road for work so much due to no sprint sig I balance it out by using the sprint phone whenever I feel like it, lol.
PM your number to me and I'll send you a text in the morning. (phones are out in the truck right now)

Well....it is going really slow. It keep raining down here, so no more painting.

The brake booster and master cylinder are mounted. The linkage is hooked to the original brake pedal. It is not plumbed yet.

I have the residual valves to go inline.

One of the front leaf packs has the poly liners in it and is bolted back together.

Only a few weeks until the show too.... :(

Both front spring packs are done. The clamps are on them and they are installed. The truck is back on its own wheels. The other front fender is sanded, but not painted yet. It started raining again. :(

Its hard to believe a 50+ year old Y-block starts and runs this well (especially afte4r sitting so long). First crank...it tried to start. Second crank she was running. YelloThumbUp

I had to move it from in front of mom and dads garage. I used the E-brake.

We have to tear down their old shed and haul off a lot of junk. They purchased a new one and it can't be delivered until the old one is gone. I guess the truck is on hold again for a week or so. :rotz:

Thanks. Its ok at like 10' from it. Up close the original paint is really bad. You can seem some of the other colors and primers in that pic. I am hoping to get most of it rattlecanned before July.

The roof is next. The whole top is brush painted with rustoleum primer.

After mid July, I hope to do some real body work. LOL

Not any real progress to report this week. Today was errands all over town. I did manage to wash it. The tree sap was caked on in places after it sitting so long. Now maybe I can start on the top.

The problem is I have dialysis tomorrow, Wednesday is laundry and packing, Thursday is dialysis again, and I leave for Litle Rock way early Friday morning. :headbang:

Maybe I will get a little done Wednesday....:cool:

That all depends on if I need to work at mom and dads some more. I think they can get the shed behind the house now, but there is a ton of junk to burn.

As soon as I get my truck going I have to haul off ranger and B II parts to the scrap yard. YelloThumbUp

Last edited:
Brian, I am impressed with the progress you have been making on it! Keep up the good work, and send more pix as you can.
Hope today went well for you, and your strength returns quickly!

It is hot and extremely windy today. It is hard to make the pain look even half way decent. It is 90 degrees at the moment.

The paint is drying before it hits the metal and the overspray is bad. :(

Anyway, the roof has streaks. I don't like it, but it still looks better than the leopard print that it had of original paint and primer spots.

If I get time before the show, I will wet sand this and shoot another coat.

Left side of roof (standing in bed).

leftroof.jpg

Right side of roof (in the bed again):

rightroof.jpg

Overall (in bed again):

roof.jpg

Please ignore the junk piled in the background. We tore down mom and dads old shed and I can't haul the trash and scrap off until my truck is running.

I guess the front around the window and the cowl are next...then hood, and grill area. This is slow with dialysis and being sick a lot. :(

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts