Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Greetings from MN

Hey guys, I've owned a lot of trucks over the years, but this is my first Ford. It's a 1967 F-100, according to the data plate it was made in the Twin Cities (and ordered from somewhere in the area), originally had a 240 six (now it has a 300 six-not sure of the year). Still wears its original Wimbledon white paint with a green seat (only one cigarette burn-hole). Its a 3 on the tree.

I took a friend of mine with me when I went to look at it (he's a big Ford guy). He pointed out where the rust worry-spots are on the truck. Seems the cab mounts and hood hinges are in decent shape, although there is some rust underneath, but not too bad. The box is in excellent condition with no rust: it actually holds water. I keep it garaged now and out of any rain, and I won't be driving it in the winter. But I will use it to haul things and to just have fun with and drive.

Right now I have it torn apart for some upgrades. I've put on a new oil pan and gasket (I found out how fun that little job was), carb kit, oil change and filter, radiator flush and hoses, thermostat, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, electronics ignition kit with 40,000v coil, and the other day I found out the exhaust manifold is cracked, so I ordered a new one and its on the way. The previous owner did the brakes all around.

Despite all of this the truck ran really well anyway, and I've been getting almost 15mpg. My dad was a big Ford man and had several trucks over the years including a 67 F250 camper special, a 69 F100 2wd shortbox with a 360, a 79 F150 4x4, and an 87 F150 with a 300 six.

I'll get some more detailed pics up once I get it running again, which hopefully will be next week. Thanks for having me...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Welcome to FTF! That looos like a solid truck!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts