Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gotta Love Those GM Engineers!!!

radialarm

Clown of Death!
My cousin brought his 2000 Silverado over yesterday for me to replace his heater core.
I started on it about 8am. After 5 hrs I had the core out finally.
Had to remove the dash(outer, inner, and steel support), discharge the A/C, drain the coolant, and remove the A/C heater assembly just to get to it.
My truck you just have to drop the glove box take out a few screws disconnect the hoses and pull it out. Thirty minutes to an hour and your done.

I've still got a lot to do on it tomorrow to get it finished probably another five hours with vacuuming the A/C and recharging. I think I'm going to call the dealer and see what they charge for this, its got to be at least $1000.00.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Oh man my brothers old lady had her heater core go out on hear VW Golf.
After about 4 hours of taking the bastard apart and still never finding the core I called to see how much it would cost for a shop to replace it.
1500 to 2000!!!!!
Needless to say she doesn't have a heater :D

radialarm

Clown of Death!
I'm going to finish this one tomorrow, but I damn near didn't get started on it after reading the manual. It said to pull the steering wheel and column. I got it without that though.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
We rigged her up this awesome little plug in heater.
And damn that sucker pukes out some heat.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles