Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Good Price on Parts

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I thought I'd start this thread to see what kind of parts people have aquired that they have gotten a really good deal on. Today I went and picked up a 73-77 original grill that had the 73-75 inserts with no cracks and the clear running lights with the original lighting harnesses (that look almost new). The grill itself was pretty shiny and I only saw very small imperfections and no dents or major scratches and the FORD letters looked flawless and the black paint at the bottom was as good as new. I don't think it's show, but a very very nice grill. The guy I bought it from actually just considered throwing it out cuz he had to get rid of some stuff from an old shop rather quickly. I paid $50 for it. I didnt' really need it, but I thought I got a good deal on it. I'll post some pics later and see what you guys think.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I thought I'd start this thread to see what kind of parts people have aquired that they have gotten a really good deal on. Today I went and picked up a 73-77 original grill that had the 73-75 inserts with no cracks and the clear running lights with the original lighting harnesses (that look almost new). The grill itself was pretty shiny and I only saw very small imperfections and no dents or major scratches and the FORD letters looked flawless and the black paint at the bottom was as good as new. I don't think it's show, but a very very nice grill. The guy I bought it from actually just considered throwing it out cuz he had to get rid of some stuff from an old shop rather quickly. I paid $50 for it. I didnt' really need it, but I thought I got a good deal on it. I'll post some pics later and see what you guys think.

That's a sweet price on that....can list that on ebay and make a decent profit.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm usually the guy that's a day late, day early or a dollar short...and end up paying full retail. However, the last few picks I've gone on, I got some pretty killer deals.

-Free 77 grille shell, pretty much garbage, but makes cool wall art
-$50 for a flawless Bronco XLT rear bench seat
-$50 for a super cooler radiator
-$25 for a full function Bronco tailgate
-This weekend, picked up woodgrain dash trim, 335 series engine accessories and OE parts, misc. interior pieces, emblems and badges for $25
-Over the last year and half or so, gotten a handful of cheap/free 400's, C6's and 205's.

I'd really like to start finding those deals on body panels.

rear sway bar end links.. $12 shipped

78/79 grille, headlight buckets, turn signal lens, drip rail chrome for above doors, rear view mirror, pwr steering pump off 351m,and headlights...$35

NOS wheel well moldings, NOS tailight buckets, Nos tailgate trim. all for $100, still in its original Ford packaging.

woodgrain glovebox...free

100 mph speedo/gauge cluster i may use? free

wood grain dash/cluster surround, chrome rain gaurds, and few bits and pieces. $15

original push bar, that i have yet to put on. $15

mirrors, door panels, antennae, another cluster and few odds and ends $15

73FordF100

Georgia Chapter member
Georgia
Well I haven't run across many good deals yet but I got an original chrome sport bumper off of craigslist for $30 with most of the brackets (missing one piece, found at local junkyard later on):
1973002.jpg

I also traded a chebby transmission for my Hurst floor shifter.

Well I haven't run across many good deals yet but I got an original chrome sport bumper off of craigslist for $30 with most of the brackets (missing one piece, found at local junkyard later on):
1973002.jpg

I also traded a chebby transmission for my Hurst floor shifter.

nice bumper

primetime

sawmill slave
78 Dana 60 from a guy, $150. 78 Dana 60 from another guy with a F-250 Ranger Lariat attached, $200. 79 Dana 60 from the local jy, $150. Eddy Performer 460 from same jy, $20. And yes, the 60`s are all fronts.

No problem, original bumpers like that around my neck of the woods are slim to none.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
78 Dana 60 from a guy, $150. 78 Dana 60 from another guy with a F-250 Ranger Lariat attached, $200. 79 Dana 60 from the local jy, $150. Eddy Performer 460 from same jy, $20. And yes, the 60`s are all fronts.

Shoot...I'd gladly pay double what you did for one of those 60's. Front 60's are one of the hardest things to come across as a deal in my area. You can find them all over the place in the $8-1500, but I've yet to find a guy that didn't know what he had or just wanted it gone.

primetime

sawmill slave
I see front 60`s on craigslist pretty regulelarly for around $600. I personally think anything over that is out of control, but that`s how it goes I guess.

73FordF100

Georgia Chapter member
Georgia
No problem, original bumpers like that around my neck of the woods are slim to none.
Same here! I saw an ad on craigslist and it didn't have any pics but he listed what parts he had for a '73 F-100. I asked for some pics and he emailed some pics of the bumper and I knew I had to have it! :D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts