Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Good Guys Car Show

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
the rpms are the same in a 6 or a v8... 6 just makes power over a narrow range, v8 over a broader range...

Put a 6 or a v8 in the same truck, they'll run at the same rpm...

no magic...
smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid Gear ratios are gear ratios-- period. The 300 turns the same RPMs as a V8 but often times you shift at a lower RPM because the torque is mostly in the low range. It also has to do a lot with the fact that 300s generally have numerically lower gears-- Trista's dads truck has 2.73s.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Because they were marketed as being economical... Small 6 + high (numerically low) gears= good hwy mpgs.

It also makes for sucking power.

Power in 6s only comes with low (numerically high, ie 4.54:1) gears, and then they're reving high at hwy speeds, unless you have an OD tranny.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Because they were marketed as being economical... Small 6 + high (numerically low) gears= good hwy mpgs.

It also makes for sucking power...

I went from the stock 235's to 33's and with the factory 3.55s it makes it perfect for everything, plenty of power and grunt in the lower gears and 4th cruises around 1800-2000rpms...

Just saying of course...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Conner asked me for the update on this so I figure I should update everyone :p

So! March 27th is my birthday and we've now got plans to go up to Chico, where my brother goes to school, and have dinner at Sierra Nevada Brewery. I'll definitely be staying up there until at least Saturday; and though it's possible that I could do the good guys show on Sunday-- I gotta say that I don't think I'll be up to all the driving... Davis -> Chico = 1.5 hours. Chico -> Pleasanton = 3 hours. Pleasanton -> Davis = 1+ hours.

I might have to skip this one and catch the next one in May. I'll keep you posted as the date approaches.

Okay, thanks Chris. I'll keep my eye on this thread. I was talking to my dad about it and he needed some more information so I'll pass this on to him. ;)

Yeah, I might still go too. Im watching the thread.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I MIGHT try to make it Sunday. I can't go Saturday the 30th because it's my buddy's 21st birthday.

Anyone else planning on going?

Too many 21st birthday parties... :rotz:

If we are going to coordinate something for the chapter then we should probably do it now.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
To your Buddy's 21'st birthday party? :rolleyes:
No, the car show :headbang:

So yeah you guys can count me in for the car show on Sunday, unless I'm really hungover, but don't count on that happening.

Can I get a headcount for other people who want to go? If you've never been to a Good Guys show you're really missing out. I went to several when I used to live in the bay and they're incredible.

No, the car show :headbang:

So yeah you guys can count me in for the car show on Sunday, unless I'm really hungover, but don't count on that happening.

Can I get a headcount for other people who want to go? If you've never been to a Good Guys show you're really missing out. I went to several when I used to live in the bay and they're incredible.

I'm in. YelloThumbUp

Now the question is whether we go together or convoy?

Sounds like it's a no-go for me. Trista's graduation party is next weekend 'smiliedoh'

I just can't catch a friggin break.

Too bad you cant make it Chris, I might not be able too either. Ill see how this pans out though. Congrats to Trista. :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts