Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Getting Tow Ready?

I'd like to tow U-Haul trailer and perhaps a light boat with my new truck. Since it's new to me I want to ensure it's tow ready, any thoughts on what I should check to ensure no problems. I've already looked over the brakes and they seem to be in good shape, any other major concerns?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Have you checked the wiring at the trailer connector to make sure all is well there? Air pressure in the tires would be another to check.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
"If " your running an Automatic Transmission..An external transmission cooler would be a wise investment.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
^^^ smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

If the only connection you need is a 4 pin plug, then buy an adapter that fits into the wiring harness at the left rear side of the truck. You will save yourself multiple headaches in the future by not hacking into the existing wiring. The adapter is simply plug and play on the truck side.

They are getting hard to find but etrailer.com and some places on Amazon still carry them.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
I got one laying around if need be

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
^^^ smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

If the only connection you need is a 4 pin plug, then buy an adapter that fits into the wiring harness at the left rear side of the truck. You will save yourself multiple headaches in the future by not hacking into the existing wiring. The adapter is simply plug and play on the truck side.

They are getting hard to find but etrailer.com and some places on Amazon still carry them.

I second this. It's the set up I have and it's awesome - so simple.

Ford Truck Articles