Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Getting A New Truck!

Hey Y'all,

I'm gonna be picking up a new rig next weekend! A 1987 Ford F-150. It has a 300 I6 and a C6 trans.

What kind of gas mileage will this truck get?

I'll post some new pics and vids up when I pick it up.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
With that combo, you should see an easy 16mpg's...I've heard of guys getting upwards of 20.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I'd say you're looking at around 16... I'd love to see my truck reach over 10 some day. :D

Is this the one with similar colors to mine,or different truck?

It's the one with similar colors as yours.
jesus mawtha freaking christ!!!!!!

do you need any more trucks? good god man!!!
Oh, come on man! Your just jealous! smilietease

With that combo, you should see an easy 16mpg's...I've heard of guys getting upwards of 20.
Thats not bad! I know it doesnt have OD but it has 2.73 gears to make up for it.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Don't even think about getting away with bigger tires,those 2.73's will resent you all the way down the road.They're great for gas mileage though!lol.

Watch it buddy, absolutely no need to use this kind of language.

PS+ Sounds alright, should be a decent truck... How is the body on it?

Yeah, It's not too bad. It could use new doors. But the rest of it isnt too rusty. The box is just beat up. I;m gonna use it as a winter beater.

Don't even think about getting away with bigger tires,those 2.73's will resent you all the way down the road.They're great for gas mileage though!lol.

Yeah, I know. It has 31's on the back already, but it needs new tires, so I'll just go with the stock size. Doesnt your truck have the same gears?

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts