Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gauge mounting

Has anybody installed an aftermarket gauge in place of where the original vacuum gauge (if equipped) is? My truck did not come with a vacuum gauge, but I'd like to use the spot above the light switch to mount a 2-1/16" oil pressure gauge.

If anybody has pictures, that would be great!

Derek.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's where Red's oil psi gauge is. Can't promise pics in a timely fashion, but I'll try to snap some this weekend.

never seen one with a vaccuum gauge, where was it located? pics?

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
never seen one with a vaccuum gauge, where was it located? pics?

I've never seen a stock vacuum gauge either. I don't think there is any such animal.

I have a vacuum gauge in the spot you're talking about, above the headlight/wiper switch, but mine is aftermarket. That should not be a stock location for any gauge. Remember, if it was an a/c equipped truck, you would have a dash vent there.

In 1979 Ford installed a Low Fuel economy lamp in the cluster I believe It worked off of engine vacuum and was available as early as late 74

Larger trucks with air brakes had vacuum gauges

part Number D5TZ-10B942-A is wiring used with ammeter and Oil pressure to Hi Beam and Low Fuel lamps

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles