Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gas Tank sending units..Repros?

allright.. suprise. suprise. my sendin units gone. My gauge worked twice in the past year. its the sendin uint.
but the problem is. I went to the local NAPA and they have in the computer a sendin unit but the owner says its not the right one that they have never got one that works. he told me id have to go to ObsoleteFord or somethin. Where do get a working aftermarket sendin unit? LMC any good?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
standard 19gal tank.. i guess its a rear. ya something like that. My buddies at the part store have scared of getting any repros from the auto parts tho..
Has anyone bought any repros lately?

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I just boought a new rear (plastic) tank through Bronco Graveyard. I'd reccomend 'em. My sending unit was still good though.

I'm sure that there are only a handfull of companies re'poping these. Chances are that you'll be getting the same thing from no matter who you get it from. If you that concerned I've seen factory sending units still out there. More $$$ though. But pulling a tank twice to re-replace a faulty "new" sending unit is also $$$$.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles