Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fukken Wax?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Once the anodized coating blushes , it can't be shined .

I figured... I'm contemplating just getting the racetrack trim chrome plated and calling it a day. (I need a new grille shell, its beat up)

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
(I need a new grille shell, its beat up)

Should have said something when I was in Oklahoma. They had a few in great shape, but I didn't take them because of lack of room in the storage unit down there. My grille shell is still down there. One day I'll get it up here LOL

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
sweet!

Don't forget, its not just for cars/trucks. You can use it on boats, ATVs, inside the house too - mirrors, showers (NOT THE FLOOR!!), etc.

smilietease

Boats. Hmmm. I detail them on occasion. Hmmm.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Should have said something when I was in Oklahoma. They had a few in great shape, but I didn't take them because of lack of room in the storage unit down there. My grille shell is still down there. One day I'll get it up here LOL

DANGIT! I'm not sure what shell I want yet anyways...

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Thats interesting that you don't use any water. I won't put anything on my paint till I rinse any dust off with water.

I don't want the dust mixing in and possibly dulling the finish on the paint.

Dri wash also had two different products, for the newer paints and older paints.

Any wax or polish gets in cracks, Try a soft bristle tooth brush to get it out.

That's the beauty with these products, it actually lifts the dirt so that it doesn't scratch or dull the finish. Most of these products, just as in the Fukken Wax demo, claim to do this. The video shows a pretty cool microscopic animation of what's supposedly happening while you're wiping down the vehicle with the wax.

I have the new DriWash that supposedly doesn't leave the white residue, and is designed for newer car finishes. It still leaves the residue, it's just a darker color, so you don't really see it in the cracks. I learned my lesson years ago and in those tight places and in the grill, I spray directly onto the rag. They also designed their newer product to haze in a lot longer time then the original formula so that you can do the whole car over once before buffing instead of doing panel by panel as well as doing it in direct sunlight.

These polishes are great but they are not miracle workers.
If you take the finest rubbing compound at an auto paint supply and mix it with some snoogywoogycooter wax and put it in a spray bottle
you've got patent material.

And I use it.

That's the beauty with these products, it actually lifts the dirt so that it doesn't scratch or dull the finish. Most of these products, just as in the Fukken Wax demo, claim to do this. The video shows a pretty cool microscopic animation of what's supposedly happening while you're wiping down the vehicle with the wax.

I have the new DriWash that supposedly doesn't leave the white residue, and is designed for newer car finishes. It still leaves the residue, it's just a darker color, so you don't really see it in the cracks. I learned my lesson years ago and in those tight places and in the grill, I spray directly onto the rag. They also designed their newer product to haze in a lot longer time then the original formula so that you can do the whole car over once before buffing instead of doing panel by panel as well as doing it in direct sunlight.

Nothing lifts dust except a vacuum or rim job

Last edited:
These polishes are great but they are not miracle workers.
If you take the finest rubbing compound at an auto paint supply and mix it with some snoogywoogycooter wax and put it in a spray bottle
you've got patent material.

And I use it.

I hear you man, nothing is liquid gold. A few years back (before I was introduced to this product), I would have never "washed" my truck without water. The idea would have made me cringe. But, I'm always up for trying something that will help me cut down the time it takes to clean a large vehicle. This definitely fit that bill for me. I love using it so much, I started selling it!

I'm not here to win everyone over, I know that's not possible. Everyone has their own favorite ways of cleaning their trucks, and their favorite products. I can say this though - everyone who's used it loves it. :) It fits the needs they were looking for from the product. If anyone is not happy with it, they can take us up on our 100% guarantee.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I hear you man, nothing is liquid gold. A few years back (before I was introduced to this product), I would have never "washed" my truck without water. The idea would have made me cringe. But, I'm always up for trying something that will help me cut down the time it takes to clean a large vehicle. This definitely fit that bill for me. I love using it so much, I started selling it!

I'm not here to win everyone over, I know that's not possible. Everyone has their own favorite ways of cleaning their trucks, and their favorite products. I can say this though - everyone who's used it loves it. :) It fits the needs they were looking for from the product. If anyone is not happy with it, they can take us up on our 100% guarantee.

I can respect this comment

Definitely. I will actually surpass what I payed for the truck if I do it.

Not if you know someone with chroming tanks:wasntme: Although dad's company won't allow anymore personal jobs.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dang. Can he pull some strings?! :D

Not anymore...his place of work just dropped 100k on surveillance items to prevent G jobs. Anyone caught doing a G job anymore, will be dismissed immediately.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Not anymore...his place of work just dropped 100k on surveillance items to prevent G jobs. Anyone caught doing a G job anymore, will be dismissed immediately.

Dang, that sucks.

Okay guys, I got the stuff today:

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTIuanBn.jpg

I really wish the weather was better over here, because I can not accurately review this product with the humidity we currently have here (100%)

utf-8BQ2FwdHVyZTE1XzNfNDAuanBn.jpg

Here are a couple before pics:

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTcuanBn.jpg

This one is of my spot of oxidation:

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTMuanBn.jpg

This is the oxidation spot after:

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTAuanBn.jpg

And a couple more after shots:

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMDkuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTEuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMTYuanBn.jpg

Sorry about the p*ss poor pics guys, they were taken with my Blackberry. I was in sort of a hurry to do this to beat the 2nd go round of rain. I go back to work tomorrow, and wanted to see what it would do on that oxidating part. It removed most of the fade, but it is still faintly there, the pics don't show anything so I don't know why I even posted them, but screw it.

About the wax: It does what it is advertised to do. I couldn't take in the whole experience as the humidity wouldn't let me completely buff the surface, and the best I could get in some places was a haze. I have seen this more times than I care to count with many other waxes in all forms, so its not the product, it south lafukkenouisiana. Get 5 feet away from the truck where the light haze is not visible though and it gleams!

I will be taking the can to work and doing my truck at work, hopefully it dries up soon so I can get better results. The truck wasn't overly dirty, just a film from being driven in the rain, and of course the rims covered in brake dust.

All in all, because I am ingrained with a good paste wax every 6 months, I will use Fukken wax once a month or so for a quick shine between paste waxes. And yes, I still do use Turtle paste wax :suspicious:

Last edited:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Just got my wax in today. Now all I need is some time to do the waxing smiliegitrdone . I'll try to get to it tomorrow or this weekend for sure. My wife's Mustang is pretty dirty and a little oxidized on the top (hood, roof, trunk and spoiler), so this should be a pretty good test ;) . Be back with before and after shots.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm anxious to see what it'll do on red paint. Ken, what paint code and name did you use for your red...I can't really tell from the pic, but that doesn't look like Ford Bright Red to me.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts