Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fuel system advice

This is continuous of an earlier thread "FICM Repair".
Update:
1. FICM reads 48 volts all the time
2. IDS scan says low fuel pressure
3. New fuel pump installed
4. Both fuel filters replaced
Truck still runs the same...
Is there anything else it can be or do I need to do another test/scan before I change the injectors? I just want to make sure that it is the injectors before I drop $2000 on them. Any suggestions?

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I don't know the 6.0. But i would think there is a sensor that detects the fuel pressure. It would have to be low at the sensor to be low pressure. If the injectors are bad you would have good pressure up to the injectors? Unless there stuck open.

I had 4 injectors sonic cleaned and checked for 120 bucks. Migt be worth looking into. They can tell you if your injectors are bad before you drop that kind of coin.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Change #1 and #8.

I know there its four times the cost, but would you change just the 2 or all 8? Is it just a matter of time before the other 6 fail? I have read all over the net how these injectors dont last long. I just dont want to have this same problem 10,000 miles from now on one of the other remaining injectors.

blacksnapon

Staff member
If the low fuel pressure hurt 2, its not inconceivable that the others are hurt as well. Let your wallet tell you what to do.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
It's too late now, but once you get your truck healthy consider doing the "blue spring upgrade". It's a factory Ford mod that increases the fuel pressure to the injectors. http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-0l-discussion/212762-blue-spring-mod.html

Another thing to consider doing is changing out the banjo bolts that feed fuel into each head to the later 6.4 'stroke ones. They'll flow better than stock 6.0 banjos and will also help keep the injectors fed. Cheap insurance. http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-...ussion/196728-6-4-vs-6-0-banjo-bolt-pics.html

I've done both mods on my truck, total parts price was a little over a hundred bucks and total install time was a little over an hour.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts