Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fuel pump help

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Well I got my 460 back together new intake new carb HEI and trying to start the sucker but the fuel pump doesn't want to prime. I've checked all the line's all new I ended up killing a battery trying to get this thing to work its sitting on the charger, the pump is about a year old I've blown air through the lines and can hear bubbling in the tanks so I know nothing is blocked i've never had this issue before.. Any help would be awesome thanks..

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
If you pull the line off the carb will fuel come out? I've had a stuck float on a new carb right out of the box.

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
mech pump not pumping and its new,hmm look around your shop for the fuel pump excentric(the round thing that goes on the end of the cam) with out it your pump wont pump

Correct Pump ?

The one for the 460 has a really long arm on it.

D

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Ya 24 bucks will get me a new one from O'smelly's I was hoping I was missing some thing so I didn't have to buy a new one since i'm just fixing this truck up a bit to sell it.. But oh well thanks for your help guys.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Tried putting fuel in the carb to prime it?? Always had to when starting a rig after its sat for a while usually gets enough fuel though the system after a couple primes of the carb...

Ford Truck Articles