Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

fuel economy????

hey guys I have not been able to log in t9o checkk all the replys but ya i guess that is pretty good. Well i have a cold air intake too that i just fabed out some old stuff i had aying around but hats wha made it jump to 21 i have to do the math for highway i bet it not much more tho

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
yea i get 8mpg, and used to drive 160 miles a day.

Thats a 500 dollar a month gas bill.

Once we had a 85 Ranger we fixed for one of my workers. This was a 4cyl/5spd 2wd thing on skinny tires and the best he EVER saw in the 4yrs working for us was 23 mpg on a tankfull and he drove relatively easy.
No diesel truck, no 302/AOD in my 82 F150 none of the full size Chevy or Dodge trucks I've ever seen or owned got to 21 mpg unless they were pushed or pulled there.
I can only wish for milage that good!

Last edited:
well i have almost everything ypu can get but a chip on it i have spent prabaly 10 grand over the years on it with everything that i have replaced or upgraded it my baby and my work horse so i dont realy care how much i have to spend or i want to i have done alot of fabs on it too

Ford Truck Articles