Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

front insert and bezels

I want to paint up the front plastic pieces of the grille shell and I am going to try that cheap single stage paint from the parts store, the dupli-color and see if it is worth a $h!t and hope it comes out good. step 1 I will was the plastic inserts with soapy water and let dry. 2 I will scuff them up with a scotch brite pad and then blow them off and tack rag them off. 3 lay a coat of etching primer on them. 4 lay at least 2 coats of filler primer and lightly sand. 5 lay down 2 coats of silver color and let dry and tape off what needs to stay silver and put down 2 coats of black and let dry. 6 lay down 2 coats of matte gloss clear coat. pics to come.......:)

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Waiting for pics........ :)

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
The silver is looking good. They would look good on the truck as is in my opinion. It would resemble the Explorer grille that had all chrome inserts.

I think so too, but I think too much chrome can over take the looks a bit. I like every thing to balance out and complement each other. I have a set of the chrome head light bezels, not sure if I have the chrome grille though.

nice job on the paint :) personally im a fan of the krylon fusion. had an 88 tempo a few yrs ago that has crappy looking side molding on it and decided to get a can or 2 of the black,a can of silver,and a small model size jar of blue(car was blue) and taped everything off and wiped the trim down really good let air dry and went to town. repainted the "chrome" inner trim with hammer finish silver then let dry(took about 20 mins) then did the rest of the trim black except for the "tempo" stamp on the fender molding(which is where the blues came in) painted the word tempo silver with the blue model paint behind it and about 3 hrs later(mostly dry time) and 3 coats later it looked great and made the car stand out yet didnt make it gaudy just simply added some pop to it and it was certainly noticed by everyone that i knew without saying a word to anyone. all noticed instantly and asked who did the work and all were impressed by the fact i did it myself for about 25-30 bucks. but all the same to each their own and still a wonderful job looks good :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Man, that is quite the improvement.....such a great feeling when something like that is improved....I know...I've recently felt like that with a couple of small, but impactful improvements on the 79!

Ford Truck Articles