Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

ford lovers be proud

70blue

Georgia Chapter member
Ben some of these speeds I won't comment on but IIrc the generation 2 lightning did 148 on the test track which inspired Chrysler to build the slightly faster srt. How fast you can go depends alot on your gearing. When I had the 3.00 gears in my old truck I had gas pedal left when the speedo was buried. My speedo goes to 100 and the truck rode smooth.This is with a mild built totally from outer appearances factory looking 302. I now have a 3.70 gear in the same truck and it now needs another gear at 70. Doubt it would make it to 100 now.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah man...I realize it depends on gearing as well. I'm just saying...I've driven my rigs, I've driven strip vehicles, I've driven circle track cars, etc...and no way would I think some of these claims are anywhere near realistic. But as I said earlier, I guess that's just the skeptic coming out in me...especially considering I've driven a bunch of these vehicles with similar if not the exact same specs.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Ben some of these speeds I won't comment on but IIrc the generation 2 lightning did 148 on the test track which inspired Chrysler to build the slightly faster srt. How fast you can go depends alot on your gearing. When I had the 3.00 gears in my old truck I had gas pedal left when the speedo was buried. My speedo goes to 100 and the truck rode smooth.This is with a mild built totally from outer appearances factory looking 302. I now have a 3.70 gear in the same truck and it now needs another gear at 70. Doubt it would make it to 100 now.

my old F100 had a 302 it was a mild build and it hit 115 and i had no peddle left but i also had 3.25 rearend. with a C6 that truck was screaming with no overdrive. I wish i could know how much my new truck would do.

off to work continue to delegate amongst yourselves.

btw i pulled some info off a cummins isx computer (brain dead right now) it was an overspeed problem obivously, rod through block. But we wanted to pull off all the info we could.

At the time of the code, and damage. the truck was doing 122. pete 389, cummins isx, 10 speed eaton. bobtailing. thats scary.

That ISX is a bad boy DOHC cummins...

lol my camaro goes 150 no problem just a 355sbc... my truck i do 100... it aint so bad but i aint got huge rims... so no death wobble

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I was wondering what happened to this thread...no follow up by the OP????????? Interesting.

Yenkojoe...how long does it take this camaro to get to 150???? And what Ford do you have pulling it?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'd like to see some pics under the hood. What kinda specs you got with that thing...mods, hp/tq numbers?

the actual power numbers are a mystery... i built it myslef and never really cared to dyno it. it isnt stock and it isnt radical. It was a hell of a lot faster when it had a 4 speed... honestly couldnt tell you the specs i built it over 4 years ago in hs did a lot of the work myself and i think it is still ugly by comparison to a lot of cars. Like i said ITS FAR FROM THE 155hp it came with stock, im sure it is probaly getting close to 300 to the ground. My hood dont come off too much cause its a lift off, it looks cool but makes it pretty impracitcal for a dd.

You cant really tell. this is the only pic i could find. the block is like corporate blue, the heads are chevy red/orange. Weiand intake, i had a 770street avenger on it but i took it off to put a 670 on it last summer and liked the better gas mileage, but it still isnt tuned right... i cant think of the cam specs but its a comp cams. obv headers and dual exh with an h-pipe. it has flowmaster 40 race series
joememcard183.jpg

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Ah man, sweet car. Let's see some better pictures of the front and sides.

I'd love to own an old Camaro or Monte.

Ford Truck Articles